Minori

I 485denied. Can I get work visa or something instead?

142 posts in this topic

From your repeated questions, I think you are trying very hard, and putting a lot of efforts on your own to refile, but not fully understanding the instructions. 

Where do you live? Do you know where you can find assistance to fill the forms, or review them?  I think it would be good to have someone to help you make sure everything is in order this time.

https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/

10 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

From your repeated questions, I think you are trying very hard, and putting a lot of efforts on your own to refile, but not fully understanding the instructions. 

Where do you live? Do you know where you can find assistance to fill the forms, or review them?  I think it would be good to have someone to help you make sure everything is in order this time.

https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/

I am making documents to reapply even I am not sure if my husband's brother says yes...

And I am now worried about that we stays illegally in US, and if I can reapply.

What if the new application was denied again because my status is none here.

K1 and I94 shows it expired,  still OK to reapply ?

One of my friend told me about the legal aid too. I will need to talk to them.

3 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

Sound like you are in a rut. Sorry to tell you, but your husband is a piece of work. as a US citizen myself, i wouldn't bring someone to this country if I am not willing to do the paperwork and pay for it. I give you props for studying it and trying your best to fix the situation(my husband would've burned the paperwork before he even started LOL) I understand you are financially in need of help. There are legal aid that can help you with minimal to no money depends on your case.  they usually work within catholic churches. I see you live in Hawaii, see this website for guidance https://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/search?state=HI hope you find someone that can help you re-apply correctly, But i still think you need to find someone to sponsor you both. good luck, never give up!!

When I ask my husband to do something such as to correct paper work, he he does. just tooooooooo slow! LOL

That's why we got denied and I decided that I do what I can do by myself even i can't speak English fluently and have to wake up midnight to call USCIS...

Thank you for the LInk, I will talk to the Legal Aid ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, Minori said:

What if the new application was denied again because my status is none here.

You have no status to be in the US right now.   You can't have less than that.  Yes your I-94 is expired.  That is no reason not to fix your situation.

If you were to leave now and wanted to come back, you would have overcome a 10 year bar that you have earned due to your overstay because you have been out of status for over a year.

If you want to stay consider this a last chance to get things filed correctly.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Even though my husband’s current income meats poverty line, do I still need a co-sponsor? 

For K1, my husband’s brother is a co-sponsor because my husband’s income was very low, but he changed his job started in January this year, he has been working for 9months now. 

I haven’t received denial notices yet and I actually don’t know why denied but as everyone here said, I understand the reason should be the late response to RFE

I got an email this morning to respond to the inquiry for denial notices. It says “Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner.”

I will call USCIS tomorrow or day after tomorrow to ask the reason, then I will be able to move forward.

7 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You have no status to be in the US right now.   You can't have less than that.  Yes your I-94 is expired.  That is no reason not to fix your situation.

If you were to leave now and wanted to come back, you would have overcome a 10 year bar that you have earned due to your overstay because you have been out of status for over a year.

If you want to stay consider this a last chance to get things filed correctly.

I have been out of status over a year? I think “adjustment status” is one of status. 

My application is denied in February this year. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Minori said:

When I ask my husband to do something such as to correct paper work, he he does. just tooooooooo slow! LOL

That's why we got denied and I decided that I do what I can do by myself even i can't speak English fluently and have to wake up midnight to call USCIS...

Thank you for the LInk, I will talk to the Legal Aid ASAP. 

Hopefully you learned not to rely on anyone to do your immigration papers, not even your husband in this case:bonk:.  It's the reason i steered clear from Lawyers, I hear so many stories about negligence and I have a close friend who's wife almost got deported because a lawyer didn't submit the papers ON PURPOSE(it's like she didn't like them and now they are trying to suspend her license before she does it to someone else)!!! so yeah trust no one unless you are in a limbo like this one you're in.  Again Best of luck!!!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

Hopefully you learned not to rely on anyone to do your immigration papers, not even your husband in this case:bonk:.  It's the reason i steered clear from Lawyers, I hear so many stories about negligence and I have a close friend who's wife almost got deported because a lawyer didn't submit the papers ON PURPOSE(it's like she didn't like them and now they are trying to suspend her license before she does it to someone else)!!! so yeah trust no one unless you are in a limbo like this one you're in.  Again Best of luck!!!

I did everything for K1, and AoS by myself but couldn’t correct paper from his work place because he didn’t start to work there at the time. So now he has everything that he can submit to ME soonest! Just need to know the reason but I won’t be able to know it before 10/15. I will file ASAP soon after we have money for the fee. 

I appreciate your support! Thank you.

USC has moral obligation to file for AOS,  put an effort to gather the proper documents and pay for it. Your husband doesn't seem to care. To me it's more than just immigration problem. This is marital problem. If he really loves you, he would be worried you could be deported and can't forgive himself for not filing the AOS correctly and you got denied. I would go back to my home country if I were you.

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Minori said:

I have been out of status over a year? I think “adjustment status” is one of status. 

My application is denied in February this year. 

I think the way it works is that since your application got denied you fall back onto your original K1 status, which expired a long time ago. This is why you should refile as soon as possible.

Your husband needs to understand how important this process is and the consequences if you do not get this done the right way. 

1 hour ago, bswt2 said:

I think the way it works is that since your application got denied you fall back onto your original K1 status, which expired a long time ago. This is why you should refile as soon as possible.

Your husband needs to understand how important this process is and the consequences if you do not get this done the right way. 

I’m now worried if my second application was denied because I 94 and fiancé visa is expired. But maybe... I should try even it’s wasting $2500...;( 

My husband understands so he asked his brother. He did what he didn’t want to the most. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.