Jump to content
Minori

I 485denied. Can I get work visa or something instead?

142 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I applied for I-485, I-765, I-131 but it seems all denied. Some people said mine was denied when I called USCIS but I didn’t get any denial notices even I requested and Tier2 requested to look into my case. 

 

If my application was denied, can I get a job with work visa? 

Do I have to go back to my country to apply for the visa? 

 

I will call uscis again waking up 2am (Hawaii time )to talk to Tier2 because I don’t know why mine was denied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Minori said:

If my application was denied, can I get a job with work visa? 

Not really. You need to find out why you AOS packets are being denied.

 

You did get married within 90 days of entering?


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a quick glance at your posting history...it looks like you may have been denied in late February for not responding in time to a RFE...

 

The RFE was sent out in November and you responded to it in March?  

 

Let us know what the Tier 2 officer says when you speak to them.

 

 


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Not really. You need to find out why you AOS packets are being denied.

 

You did get married within 90 days of entering?

I’ve been working on and calling to know the reason but every time I call they say different. Still pending and denied...

 

I got married 2days after I entered the US. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI,

 

I went through your timeline and post history also. There is something big missing here.

 

A little background of your case....

-Your AOS from a K1 visa got denied

-Subsequently your EAD also got denied

-You applied for a second EAD and that got denied also.

-You had an RFE but immigration says you replied after 90 days of the RFE

 

That is a lot of denials going on with your case. So this brings up the biggest question.... WHY WAS YOU AOS DENIED?

 

Because you can't get another visa if you were denied for certain reasons. You came on a K1 and are pretty much tied to that K1. Any attempt to get a green card is through the K1 process. You can't decide to look for a work visa now. It doesn't work like that. 

 

So why are you getting denied? We can't help you if we don't know this answer.

 


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Going through said:

From a quick glance at your posting history...it looks like you may have been denied in late February for not responding in time to a RFE...

 

The RFE was sent out in November and you responded to it in March?  

 

Let us know what the Tier 2 officer says when you speak to them.

 

 

I’m not sure but if it’s denied, that could be the reason. 

Because we hadn’t received RFE notices until we requested after Xmas, then received RFEs for my son and me on January 12th, and 27th. Over 2 months had passed at that point. Then we correct document and sent out March 1. We got “documents was received and began to process” on March 5. 

Then I knew the denial in August. 

 

The Tier2 said he didn’t see the denial of my case, so requested to look into and I would get an email about that by past Friday, September 28. I didn’t get any emails. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

HI,

 

I went through your timeline and post history also. There is something big missing here.

 

A little background of your case....

-Your AOS from a K1 visa got denied

-Subsequently your EAD also got denied

-You applied for a second EAD and that got denied also.

-You had an RFE but immigration says you replied after 90 days of the RFE

 

That is a lot of denials going on with your case. So this brings up the biggest question.... WHY WAS YOU AOS DENIED?

 

Because you can't get another visa if you were denied for certain reasons. You came on a K1 and are pretty much tied to that K1. Any attempt to get a green card is through the K1 process. You can't decide to look for a work visa now. It doesn't work like that. 

 

So why are you getting denied? We can't help you if we don't know this answer.

 

I want to know the reason so I have been working on that. Requested online but no response, talked to Tier2 but no emails neither. 

 

Nobody knows the truth about my case, so I want to know the reason... 

I can’t do anything until I knew the reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Minori said:

I want to know the reason so I have been working on that. Requested online but no response, talked to Tier2 but no emails neither. 

 

Nobody knows the truth about my case, so I want to know the reason... 

I can’t do anything until I knew the reason. 

OK. So let me go in a different direction and ask this question... are there any red flags or reasons for them to deny you?

For example...Is there a large age difference? Was it an extremely short relationship? Did you have previous attempts to immigrate to the US? Things like that are examples of red flags.

 

The AOS denial alone is not what is concerning, it is the multiple denials of other things also (EAD).


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

OK. So let me go in a different direction and ask this question... are there any red flags or reasons for them to deny you?

For example...Is there a large age difference? Was it an extremely short relationship? Did you have previous attempts to immigrate to the US? Things like that are examples of red flags.

 

The AOS denial alone is not what is concerning, it is the multiple denials of other things also (EAD).

No red flags.. 5years difference, 6months relationship before applying for K1, this is my first applied to immigrate. 

No criminal record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

OK. So let me go in a different direction and ask this question... are there any red flags or reasons for them to deny you?

For example...Is there a large age difference? Was it an extremely short relationship? Did you have previous attempts to immigrate to the US? Things like that are examples of red flags.

 

The AOS denial alone is not what is concerning, it is the multiple denials of other things also (EAD).

Also, what was your RFE asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RFE was not responded to within the time limit. Your AOS was denied for this. You have two choices, refile or leave the US.

The EAD is tied to the AOS, if the AOS is denied then your EAD is denied. You cannot obtain an EAD without a pending AOS application so I'm not sure on what basis you filed for a second EAD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

The RFE was not responded to within the time limit. Your AOS was denied for this. You have two choices, refile or leave the US.

The EAD is tied to the AOS, if the AOS is denied then your EAD is denied. You cannot obtain an EAD without a pending AOS application so I'm not sure on what basis you filed for a second EAD.

Even we didn’t get the notice soon?  Also Needed time to correct paper from my husband work place. 

Over $3,000 to refill ... no jobs for over 2 years and a half...:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. Based on what you posted about the RFE, the easiest route now is to refile the AOS and include the items the RFE asked for. 

 

Are you and your spouse still together?


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...