HUSGLY

K1 visa AOS i485 and EAD

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

I m June 2019 filer for AOS for my green card and work authorization.on 25 September 2019 my status  showing case is ready to schedule for an interview but Employment authorizations status is showing finger print review is completed and no changes after July 09.

what it means? Is there any chance that I will get my work authorization soon ?

Edited by HUSGLY

The two processes are parallel but largely unrelated when it comes to timing.

EAD and AP current estimated processing times are 4.5 to 6.5 months at the NBC while many have had to wait as long as 10 in recent months.

I485 is dependent on your local field office processing times.

Ready to schedule just means your I485 has completed its review at the NBC and is now sitting in line at your LFO. It could take days, weeks, months or years to get an interview depending on your LFO and how busy they are.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The workload shifting being done by USCIS with all of the various petitions and applications is going from pretty crazy to pure chaos and breakdown. It used to be that you could be certain to get your EAD/AP combo card long before you would have your AOS interview. However, lately, all of those notions have to be thrown out of the window. You are better off trying to guess the next winning six numbers on your favorite lottery. This workload shifting has resulted in people getting their AOS interview and processed, then receive their EAD/AP combo card right before or after the AOS. Their online processing announcement services almost resemble the numbers being called out at a local bingo hall. Right now, it can take upwards of several years to get through the ROC process. They used to send out a NOA1 receipt and 1-yr automatic GC extension letter. It takes so long  with many of those cases, that people have go in and get an I-551 (GC) stamp in their passports, so that they can continue to work or go on travel that had been planned several years prior. InfoPass appointments are a memory from the past. All of these issues relate to just to USCIS.

Not to worry about about all of the detained illegals in cooling their heels in our detention (concentration) camps run by ICE and CBP. they will get their day in immigration court....just as soon as the current one (1) million case-backlog of cases awaiting for the immigration court hearing. When the former director of ICE has a meltdown on live on camera before a House subcommittee, it is starting to sound like the entire Department of Homeland (In)Security is in need of some serious help, oversight, and overhaul. I am not ranting, just very concerned that this Federal executive department is in servious trouble. Do Google searches to confirm what I am describing...... YMMV.  We all need to be thankful that we are not also guests at these camps.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.