Adrianadomin

Reason for expedite?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I need info and help on how to file an expedite and if my reason is considered for an expedite. I am a full time student and I also work full time. The last few weeks there hasn’t been any work since I live in the Wine country and it’s all seasonal when working with the grapes. Since there isn’t any more bottling, since all of it it’s been bottled, there’s time where I only work once a week. I’m starting to get worried about what to do when the time comes to pay for all the fees for NVC. I do have enough money saved for NVC but I don’t want to get to the point where I would need to use it for something else. I do have someone that will be our co- sponsor for those wondering. I don’t know if that reason falls under the financial hardship. I have been applying to different jobs but I haven’t had any luck. My husband is in Mexico and he’s also been in and out of the doctor since he has a hiatal hernia. This situation has really caused me to get depressed I really need him to be here with me, and I wish I could go visit but since I’m a student it’s difficult. There’s days where I don’t even want to get up... I’m sorry I just don’t know what to do anymore people have told me to expedite but I don’t know anything from that process or if I have to wait until the case is closed at NVC. Hope I can get some help thank you in advanced. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Financial hardship for a USC can be a reason to request and expedite. It will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Does your husband not work? Can he not help pay the NVC fees?

One thing you really need to keep in mind is the public charge rule. If you are a student and your husband is sick there is a chance that his case may be denied by the CO on the ground that he may become a public charge. The request to expedite the case may make this more apparent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

On the face of it your financial system would worsen, what would be the basis of the expedite.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
13 minutes ago, designguy said:

Financial hardship for a USC can be a reason to request and expedite. It will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Does your husband not work? Can he not help pay the NVC fees?

One thing you really need to keep in mind is the public charge rule. If you are a student and your husband is sick there is a chance that his case may be denied by the CO on the ground that he may become a public charge. The request to expedite the case may make this more apparent. 

He does work and he is paying for some of the NVC fees. He also has health insurance in Mexico, and is getting treated already for his situation. I was just wondering if my case fell into the expedite category. Thank you.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

On the face of it your financial system would worsen, what would be the basis of the expedite.

I’m currently in the process of getting a new job to help with the financial situation. 

Timeline

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

My I130 got approved so I’m looking for info about NVC expedite 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adrianadomin said:

I’m currently in the process of getting a new job to help with the financial situation. 

I think @Boiler made a good point. How will expediting actually improve your financial situation? It will only move up the date you will need to pay the fees. Plus you will then need to start taking care of your husband once he is here and presumably doesn’t have a job lined up. It is probably in your best interest to get the new job and proceed down the regular path. This will also reduce the chance of them denying him based on the public charge rule. The adjudication of this will only get stricter in the coming months

13 minutes ago, Adrianadomin said:

The consulate will make that decision. There is no clear criteria - it's on a case by case basis.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Iam a if in doubt expedite sort of person, but you need to make a case, stronger the better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, Adrianadomin said:

Usually once it goes to NVC, it's pretty quick. We made it through NVC in a month time. Now after the interview is what took so long....

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

18 hours ago, Adrianadomin said:

When he gets here, can you afford his health insurance premiums? Or does he have a job to come to here? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

7 hours ago, tiyyo said:

Usually once it goes to NVC, it's pretty quick. We made it through NVC in a month time. Now after the interview is what took so long....

Juarez has a very long wait for interviews. I think that’s what she is referring to with an expedite. Because the NVC stage itself is very quick, especially if you have all the documents waiting to go. Presumably she has everything ready to go since she had had lots of time to prepare with her reduction in working hours. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

When he gets here, can you afford his health insurance premiums? Or does he have a job to come to here? 

He does have a job ready for him here, once he gets here.

1 hour ago, JFH said:

Juarez has a very long wait for interviews. I think that’s what she is referring to with an expedite. Because the NVC stage itself is very quick, especially if you have all the documents waiting to go. Presumably she has everything ready to go since she had had lots of time to prepare with her reduction in working hours. 

That’s what I was referring to thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC stage does not take very long, an expedite there will not speed up your case, some have tried this and all it does it slow down the NVC stage.  I would suggest that you wait until you case goes from NVC to the embassy/consulate abroad, then ask for an expedite there so that you can maybe get an interview sooner in Juarez where it normally takes a very long time to get an interview scheduled.  If your only reason for wanting an expedite is to get an interview sooner, you will not be approved as everyone is waiting.  You will have to have documents to prove that you are suffering from financial hardship.  Contact the Juarez consulate after they get your case and send an email explaining your situation and ask for an expedited interview.  If they invite you to send documents, send them and hope for the best.  Good luck!  I hope you get an interview and get approved soon so that your husband can join you here in beautiful California.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.