DAWme

what am I facing here

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does not work like that.

28 minutes ago, pb&j said:

It's only been 2 months. I've heard of someone who was in AP for the same amount of time that they had overstayed in the US. It might take 14 years for you then. Maybe more, since you didn't only overstay but entered illegally too.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, pb&j said:

It's only been 2 months. I've heard of someone who was in AP for the same amount of time that they had overstayed in the US. It might take 14 years for you then. Maybe more, since you didn't only overstay but entered illegally too.

I don't know about 14 years but it is likely that OP will have a longer time in AP. They're probably doing an extensive background check for the 14 years he/she was in the US illegally.

The waiting is hard on everybody but OP should just be patient and hope for the best. There are people who are in AP for some time just because they have a degree in engineering or they traveled to or worked in the Middle East. OP broke the law, it seems like the consequences of his/her actions are catching up to him/her.

2 hours ago, pb&j said:

lol.. @Boiler is correct, it does not work like that.. I've got all that waived, my I-601 waiver is approved on an expedite that's why we were so concern about this delay, we have some real emergent concerns.. the I-601 waiver means I am now eligible for a visa beyond my misrepresentation and overstay..
(next time be careful on your comments, you are going to get a lot of VJers worried and scared :) )

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

5 minutes ago, TXBill said:

I don't know about 14 years but it is likely that OP will have a longer time in AP. They're probably doing an extensive background check for the 14 years he/she was in the US illegally.

The waiting is hard on everybody but OP should just be patient and hope for the best. There are people who are in AP for some time just because they have a degree in engineering or they traveled to or worked in the Middle East. OP broke the law, it seems like the consequences of his/her actions are catching up to him/her.

I agree that I have to find my happy place and be patient, but we have a real emergent concern. The USCIS approved my I-601 waiver on expedite on the basis of our emergency, hence my impatience. I was an illegal immigrant not a criminal. There are others who have CIMT, F&M, Re-entry and overstay all at the same and not being put on AP this long.

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

17 minutes ago, TXBill said:

I don't know about 14 years but it is likely that OP will have a longer time in AP. They're probably doing an extensive background check for the 14 years he/she was in the US illegally

makes sense, hmm could it be it?

21 minutes ago, DAWme said:

I agree that I have to find my happy place and be patient, but we have a real emergent concern. The USCIS approved my I-601 waiver on expedite on the basis of our emergency, hence my impatience. I was an illegal immigrant not a criminal. There are others who have CIMT, F&M, Re-entry and overstay all at the same and not being put on AP this long.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time. I hope that your wait won't be long anymore.

14 minutes ago, DAWme said:

makes sense, hmm could it be it?

The ones I've read on VJ that were in AP for a long time seems to be because of that. (If only we knew how AP actually worked, lol.) If the background check is the reason, as long as you don't have anything to worry about, you should be on your way to getting your visa. :)

Edited by TXBill

Thank you @TXBill

I hope no one have to wait anymore

Back on Sep 12 my husband have gotten an email reply through an inquiry made by our Congresswoman. I noticed something that caught my interest and I was wondering if it meant anything. 

Here is USEM canned reply:
"Our records show that your visa application is still undergoing administrative processing, in order to verify your qualifications for this visa."
Here is USEM reply to Congress inquiry:

"Currently, xxxxxxx case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa."

I have been reading a lot and listening to podcasts by lawyers to other lawyers and one of the advises was read between the lines of those replies your client is getting from the consulate and I wonder if it meant something or just nothing.

Edited by DAWme

*** Four unnecessary and noncontributing posts removed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

*** Four unnecessary and noncontributing posts removed.

VJ Moderation

I didn't think the regional forums were moderated to the same standard as the upper forums

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.