Newuser4453454

SECOND ASC Biometrics Appointment Notice?????

7 posts in this topic

So , we've had something odd happen today. We were scheduled for our interview last week and it was approved last Friday. Today, our USCIS status is that the Green card is currently in the mail to its destination (our apartment). our i-765 and i-131 have been set to approved and we received an NOA2 a month ago, but haven't received it in the mail yet (not that it matters).

Today, my husband receives a second appointment for biometrics in the mail for 10/4/19 at 3:00PM at the USCIS center in Philly for biometrics screening for two of the three applications (485, 765,  no 131)..

Is this some sort of joke? Or do we really need to get his biometrics taken again? The gentleman that took our interview already took his prints again. 

Is there something wrong here? Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

So , we've had something odd happen today. We were scheduled for our interview last week and it was approved last Friday. Today, our USCIS status is that the Green card is currently in the mail to its destination (our apartment). our i-765 and i-131 have been set to approved and we received an NOA2 a month ago, but haven't received it in the mail yet (not that it matters).

Today, my husband receives a second appointment for biometrics in the mail for 10/4/19 at 3:00PM at the USCIS center in Philly for biometrics screening for two of the three applications (485, 765,  no 131)..

Is this some sort of joke? Or do we really need to get his biometrics taken again? The gentleman that took our interview already took his prints again. 

Is there something wrong here? Has anyone else experienced this?

No biometrics required for i131.

Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.   If you have the GC then you can ignore 

YMMV

We've done the biometrics at the beginning of the process, and we got a receipt for both two saying we've done it. We provided this information at our interview. Our green card is literally in the mail. I have the tracking number for it, it's out for delivery scheduled for Monday.

If we don't go, will it cancel itself?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, NearEthereal said:

We've done the biometrics at the beginning of the process, and we got a receipt for both two saying we've done it. We provided this information at our interview. Our green card is literally in the mail. I have the tracking number for it, it's out for delivery scheduled for Monday.

If we don't go, will it cancel itself?

Green Card trumps combo card. I'd say once you got your green card in hand you should be ok to ignore those notices BUT I'd research the heck out of that first. It is the Feds after all. Maybe get on the website and do the ask Emma thing or email the field office?

We did call the USCIS number last night and ask. The gentleman could only see that our green card was in the mail. He said he felt like the request was sent in error but advised us to call when we could be transferred to a level 2 for a definite answer

even still I plan on getting that in writing if possible

chances are well just go and have the folks tell us there

waste of time but at this point it’s like who cares 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.