Janiris

JOB offer

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I have financial issues, 3 kids and 1 of them with a blood disorder that need medications. My husband can’t do it all by him self.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Janiris said:

I have financial issues, 3 kids and 1 of them with a blood disorder that need medications. My husband can’t do it all by him self.

I would think if you were to request an expedited EAD due to financial hardship you don’t need to necessarily have a job offer. But probably the basics would suffice. Company information, the position you are being offered, salary, etc.

How long ago did you file for your EAD?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, designguy said:

I would think if you were to request an expedited EAD due to financial hardship you don’t need to necessarily have a job offer. But probably the basics would suffice. Company information, the position you are being offered, salary, etc.

How long ago did you file for your EAD?

I sent an expedite request like 4 months ago, now i read i can you a job offer for expedite. 

Anyways I applied for that together with my gc in march.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Janiris said:

I sent an expedite request like 4 months ago, now i read i can you a job offer for expedite. 

Anyways I applied for that together with my gc in march.

So you filed 7 months ago for the EAD so you should be getting it very soon! I don‘t see how an expedite at this point would help

The job offer looks however the potential employer makes it. You don't make the job offer, they do.

You contact USCIS and request the expedite. They may or may not request additional documentation.

If you already have a pending expedite request, then I don't think you can make another one. Four months is a long time to hear back...I suggest pursuing that avenue first.

Just be aware that it's also a double-edged sword - expediting due to financial hardship may or may not also be viewed negatively in terms of the public charge consideration.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The job offer looks however the potential employer makes it. You don't make the job offer, they do.

You contact USCIS and request the expedite. They may or may not request additional documentation.

If you already have a pending expedite request, then I don't think you can make another one. Four months is a long time to hear back...I suggest pursuing that avenue first.

Just be aware that it's also a double-edged sword - expediting due to financial hardship may or may not also be viewed negatively in terms of the public charge consideration.

I know its not me writing a job off, maybe I explain my self wrong. I intended that if i have a job offer how should look like? What uscis need? Just a signature? A contact? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, designguy said:

Under what reason would you be eligible to expedite?

7 minutes ago, designguy said:

So you filed 7 months ago for the EAD so you should be getting it very soon! I don‘t see how an expedite at this point would help

I sent an inquiry as well and still I don’t get answers 

2 minutes ago, Janiris said:

I know its not me writing a job off, maybe I explain my self wrong. I intended that if i have a job offer how should look like? What uscis need? Just a signature? A contact? 

They don't actually "need" anything, but it is suggested to have something formal from the employer. Typically a job offer from an employer includes at least a letter signed by HR (or the supervisor/manager, maybe a VP, etc.) and on company letterhead. It would typically include items such as a salary or hourly rate, if it's a full or part time position (or expectations on hourly commitments), etc.

Some employers may be much more informal and just send an email saying they want you to work for them at a given or previously agreed-upon wage.

An employment contract would be fine as well, if that's how that employer functions.

The more formal ones are probably better IMO.

Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Janiris said:

The expedite cases are evaluated case by case. There is no said requirements to have a job offer that with any particular information in it. If you think about it logically, if someone requests an expedite to get work authorization, they would get authorization PRIOR to having a job offer. You can supply any evidence you like

@geowrian made a good point to consider about the public charge issue. Keep that in mind

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

They don't actually "need" anything, but it is suggested to have something formal from the employer. Typically a job offer from an employer includes at least a letter signed by HR (or the supervisor/manager, maybe a VP, etc.) and on company letterhead. It would typically include items such as a salary or hourly rate, if it's a full or part time position (or expectations on hourly commitments), etc.

Some employers may be much more informal and just send an email saying they want you to work for them at a given or previously agreed-upon wage.

An employment contract would be fine as well, if that's how that employer functions.

The more formal ones are probably better IMO.

Good luck.

Thanks for your time on answering my question! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, designguy said:

The expedite cases are evaluated case by case. There is no said requirements to have a job offer that with any particular information in it. If you think about it logically, if someone requests an expedite to get work authorization, they would get authorization PRIOR to having a job offer. You can supply any evidence you like

@geowrian made a good point to consider about the public charge issue. Keep that in mind

My husband makes more that what it says in the guide. Do you think its still a problem? Thanks for answering my question and your time 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Working and Traveling, from Work Visas~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, Janiris said:

My husband makes more that what it says in the guide. Do you think its still a problem? Thanks for answering my question and your time 

The guidelines are minimums. The public charge determination is a judgement call above the minimums.

I'm not saying it will or won't be an issue in your particular case. I don't know the fine details of it (and that wasn't the original question so I want to avoid going off on a tangent).

But the challenge is claiming that your sponsor has a financial hardship that necessitates you being able to work to provide, yet he can also ensure that he can provide for his entire household to avoid becoming a public charge.

People have absolutely successfully been granted the expedite in similar cases and then had no public charge issue. But that was also based upon their totality of circumstances, which vary from case to case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.