GCparnts

Sputum test process

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

IR -5 case here. My mom and Dad has interview scheduled in Oct however mom's was asked to do sputum test. Sputum test results can take about 2 to 2.5 months. I had a few questions-

1.Should we cancel mom's interview or does it get cancelled automatically now that she has been asked to go for sputum tests?  

2. We wanted to get Dad's interview done however we want to know how long does he have before he can travel to US? If he has 90 days then my moms sputum test results may/may not be out and interview scheduled. And she cannot travel by herself.

3. After the sputum test results are sent to the consulate, does NVC/Mumbai embassy schedule the interview again ? Or do they send us an email/call us  asking us to reschedule it?

If anyone has been thru a similar process please share your experience.

Thanks !! 

1. Cancel the interview.
  2. The visa will be valid for up to 6 months.
  3. You will need to reschedule the interview. I'll defer to otehrs on how Mumbai does it, but generally you can reschedule directly with the consulate in this case.
Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

48 minutes ago, geowrian said:
  1. Cancel the interview.
  2. The visa will be valid for up to 6 months.
  3. You will need to reschedule the interview. I'll defer to otehrs on how Mumbai does it, but generally you can reschedule directly with the consulate in this case.

Thank you for responding! We did not schedule the initial interview too , it was done by NVC.  That's why I wanted to know especially for IR5 cases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 1:33 PM, GCparnts said:

Hello,

IR -5 case here. My mom and Dad has interview scheduled in Oct however mom's was asked to do sputum test. Sputum test results can take about 2 to 2.5 months. I had a few questions-

1.Should we cancel mom's interview or does it get cancelled automatically now that she has been asked to go for sputum tests?  

2. We wanted to get Dad's interview done however we want to know how long does he have before he can travel to US? If he has 90 days then my moms sputum test results may/may not be out and interview scheduled. And she cannot travel by herself.

3. After the sputum test results are sent to the consulate, does NVC/Mumbai embassy schedule the interview again ? Or do they send us an email/call us  asking us to reschedule it?

If anyone has been thru a similar process please share your experience.

Thanks !! 

Had same issue, but I went for the interview without rescheduling and I have been placed on AP. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, GCparnts said:

Ah okay ! So the green card will be issued after the test come back as negative .

May I know approximately when did you go through this process ?

Last week. My interview happened this week, 24th. All went well but visa couldn’t be issued becos medical report is not ready. I was given my passport to submit along with e report wen is ready.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

@GCparnts I am in exactly same situation as you. My mother's medical is cleared by father's medical is delayed due to Sputum test. Can you please let me know how was your experience. Did your mom went through interview as scheduled by NVC? How long it took for consulate to schedule the interview after Sputum test results were submitted to consulate? Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.