Meggan P

Aos Interview and RFE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We had my husband's interview yesterday in the Nashville field office. The lady was nice. She did not ask my spouse any questions about me or my family or how we met. She wanted all cohabitation documents and a copy of some boarding passes and our photo album. When she went through the questions about have you ever done this or that my husband had to tell her he received a traffic ticket a couple of months ago and has a court date this Monday because we borrowed a truck from my brother in law believing it was insured only to find out when he was pulled over for speeding that it is not insured. To make matters worse when we contacted my brother in law we found out the title is not even in his name it is in his friends name!!!!! So for 2 months i have tried to get this matter cleared up and have that title put in my brother in laws name but his so called friend does not care and has not signed that title over nor will he give me his license number so i can insure the truck! I have car insurance and always have but my company says i have to have the title owner listed as an active driver to insure the vehicle! So i cannot insure it. Im just worried about what the judge will say in regards to the insurance even though ive had my husband on my insurance just not on this vehicle i don't own. I can't force this person to insure his own vehicle. So now our adjudicator has issued an RFE and we must mail her the judgement when we receive it Monday. She also stated that she never gives a decision at interviews it is always within 30 days after the interview. All over a traffic ticket......a common one here in Tennessee too. Anyone else had this come up? Or felt with tennessee court over insurance? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

All over a traffic ticket......a common one here in Tennessee too.

Quicker resolution all-around---and what would have satisfied the IO without being issued an RFE----would have been to just pay the speeding fine 2 months ago, and let your brother-in-law deal with his own insurance issues.  Suppose that's water under the bridge now since the court date is this Monday.

Also sounds like you might have given the IO a little too much information that likely wasn't asked for, if you explained to her the entire situation over a simple speeding ticket like you did here....making it perhaps sound to the IO like it was a bigger deal than it really was.

All you can do  now is follow her instructions on Monday after you receive the court disposition.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Going through said:

Quicker resolution all-around---and what would have satisfied the IO without being issued an RFE----would have been to just pay the speeding fine 2 months ago, and let your brother-in-law deal with his own insurance issues.  Suppose that's water under the bridge now since the court date is this Monday.

Also sounds like you might have given the IO a little too much information that likely wasn't asked for, if you explained to her the entire situation over a simple speeding ticket like you did here....making it perhaps sound to the IO like it was a bigger deal than it really was.

All you can do  now is follow her instructions on Monday after you receive the court disposition.

We didn't. My husband simply told her he has a court hearing Monday over a speeding fine and she immediately issued the RFE. The reason he is going to court is due to the insurance. In tennessee they won't send you to court for speeding for your first offense unless you are doing over 100mph. They will send you over car insurance every time. At the time I did and still do have car insurance however, it doesn't cover that truck because of reasons i stated previously. He did not have one of my cards on him because we believed the vehicle was already insured. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

We didn't. My husband simply told her he has a court hearing Monday over a speeding fine and she immediately issued the RFE. The reason he is going to court is due to the insurance. In tennessee they won't send you to court for speeding for your first offense unless you are doing over 100mph. They will send you over car insurance every time. At the time I did and still do have car insurance however, it doesn't cover that truck because of reasons i stated previously. He did not have one of my cards on him because we believed the vehicle was already insured. 

Yeah with an open court case, the IO cannot adjudicate it until the case is closed following their own policy.

He should be fine once the paperwork is received by USCIS, and hopefully will not cause too much of a delay---if any.  Best of luck.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.