SJordanS

Admin Processing and Second Visit to Embassy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All,

My fiance had his interview here in Jordan on the 8th and I attended with him. I just wasn't at the window. Anyhow, he was handed back his passport and the gentleman at the last window they sent us to asked for my fiances cell number. He gave it to him and said we will call you soon wait for our call. No 221g, no papers they gave the others with our rights, etc,  no nothing. Very disappointed we weren't approved but we expected that this can happen. I was not at the window during the interview questions but I can hear it all. He breezed through it. The CO asked 2 questions not pertaining to our religion. Struck me as odd.  I came home to find we are in Admin Processing. I emailed on the 10th and asked what exactly is going on. Why no paper no slip no nothing. They replied 2 hours later saying we should expect a call shortly and they require some info from my fiance. You would think they would have requested it at the time of interview. Im concerned the CO never reviewed our petition. I made an appt on the 17th and went down to the Embassy to inquire. When I arrived I arrived at the time they intake Visa documents so to be sure an immigrant officer was present. They called my number and went to the window, handed mine and my fiance passports along with our previous appt letter and asked kindly to speak to a supervisor. She asked why. I shared my concerns. She said I should worry about the questions that they were just merely questions even if it was not related to our religion and not to think much of it. (really...ok). I asked again for a supervisor and just when I did a supervisor was walking by behind her, stopped, backup and stood behind the woman at the window and asked her what was the issue and was reading the computer screen. I told them both again my concerns and why didn't I receive a slip when he was handed back his passport. That got the supervisors attention and then supervisor asked you weren't handed anything? I said no. She proceeded to read the computer screen. the woman seated said just be patient. The interview still has your petition. When she is done reviewing everything she will contact you with a decision. My feeling is to continue to email them since now I know there is something required from us and they didn't ask at the time of interview. What do you all think? Email or wait? Im in Jordan for just a few more days. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need to read the US embassy in Jordon webpage where it explains that services for USC are for services to USC's only (not visa inquires) and tells what those are

Also says the following:

The Consular Section provides services to U.S. Citizens by appointment only Sunday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m and 10:00 a.m. The Consular Section is closed on U.S. and Jordanian holidays and the last Thursday of each month. To make an appointment, visit the Embassy Amman appointment system.

On our country's 

web page the following is stated and  i would think true  for all embassies 

These appointments are for U.S. Citizen Services only. In order to provide all routine and emergency services for U.S. citizens in Morocco, The American Citizen Services section cannot address queries or complaints regarding non-immigrant visa refusals or immigration visa cases.  

Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, payxibka said:

You probably won't even be allowed into the unit as most do not allow walk ins 

I already went in. They allow with appt. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, JeanneAdil said:

You need to read the US embassy in Jordon webpage where it explains that services for USC are for services to USC's only (not visa inquires) and tells what those are

Also says the following:

The Consular Section provides services to U.S. Citizens by appointment only Sunday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m and 10:00 a.m. The Consular Section is closed on U.S. and Jordanian holidays and the last Thursday of each month. To make an appointment, visit the Embassy Amman appointment system.

On our country's 

web page the following is stated and  i would think true  for all embassies 

These appointments are for U.S. Citizen Services only. In order to provide all routine and emergency services for U.S. citizens in Morocco, The American Citizen Services section cannot address queries or complaints regarding non-immigrant visa refusals or immigration visa cases.  

I apologize I may not have been clear in my email. I already went in a second time. Walk in. They had no issues but limited information. Many from Jordan are frustrated and when emails are not replied to for so long we are walking in. USC only of course...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

I apologize I may not have been clear in my email. I already went in a second time. Walk in. They had no issues but limited information. Many from Jordan are frustrated and when emails are not replied to for so long we are walking in. USC only of course...

but you did not get the response you wanted 

that is why it is best to not try pushing the embassy to make a decision 

Timeline
11 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

but you did not get the response you wanted 

that is why it is best to not try pushing the embassy to make a decision 

So basically I wanted to speak to a Supervisor to inform her or staff of my particular situation. I was successful in that in where she was walking by and heard my request and stood behind the intaker to read the computer screen and she asked if I was given anything at all, as I should have been, and I was not. Now it reads escalate to post this morning. Fingers crossed.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When my husband was in AP in Amman I contacted the immigration liaison from our US Senator's office to inquire on his behalf, which he did. The consulate told the liaison there was no timeline as to how long AP would last and that the they would call him for his passport when then were done, which they did. The liaison told us specifically not to inquire more than once every two weeks as to not push them into making a rash decision before the background checks were finished.

I would not get too caught up in the details of the questions asked at the interview. I was at the interview with my husband and they asked me a few questions, as well. One of them was "did his brother(who's a US citizen that I had never met), pay me to marry my husband?" They also asked me several times why my ex-husband still had a cable/internet bill delivered to my address. (My cable bill was still in my ex's name because he worked for the cable company and he received cable/internet for free. He never cancelled it because we have children together and he wanted to help me financially)Don't ask me how the consulate knew about the bill, but they did, and they accepted my explanation. Either way, a few weeks later the consulate called my husband and asked him to send his passport so they could issue the visa.

Even though I know it's difficult, try not to worry. It is rare that anyone is denied in Amman unless there is blatant fraud. My husband and I had every red flag in the book and we were easily approved. Not only were we approved easily but never at any point during the entire process from the petition stage---up to and including naturalization, did we even receive an RFE. Which is very rare for anyone from any country, especially for a couple with so many red flags. Take a deep breath and just allow AP to finish on it's own. I'm sure you'll be approved soon and don't contact them more than once every two weeks. In all my years on VJ, I've never seen anyone stuck in AP for more than a few months in Amman, my husband was one of them.

Edited by Cathi

Timeline
On 9/27/2019 at 5:33 AM, Cathi said:

When my husband was in AP in Amman I contacted the immigration liaison from our US Senator's office to inquire on his behalf, which he did. The consulate told the liaison there was no timeline as to how long AP would last and that the they would call him for his passport when then were done, which they did. The liaison told us specifically not to inquire more than once every two weeks as to not push them into making a rash decision before the background checks were finished.

I would not get too caught up in the details of the questions asked at the interview. I was at the interview with my husband and they asked me a few questions, as well. One of them was "did his brother(who's a US citizen that I had never met), pay me to marry my husband?" They also asked me several times why my ex-husband still had a cable/internet bill delivered to my address. (My cable bill was still in my ex's name because he worked for the cable company and he received cable/internet for free. He never cancelled it because we have children together and he wanted to help me financially)Don't ask me how the consulate knew about the bill, but they did, and they accepted my explanation. Either way, a few weeks later the consulate called my husband and asked him to send his passport so they could issue the visa.

Even though I know it's difficult, try not to worry. It is rare that anyone is denied in Amman unless there is blatant fraud. My husband and I had every red flag in the book and we were easily approved. Not only were we approved easily but never at any point during the entire process from the petition stage---up to and including naturalization, did we even receive an RFE. Which is very rare for anyone from any country, especially for a couple with so many red flags. Take a deep breath and just allow AP to finish on it's own. I'm sure you'll be approved soon and don't contact them more than once every two weeks. In all my years on VJ, I've never seen anyone stuck in AP for more than a few months in Amman, my husband was one of them.

You are the only one who has brought me so much ease.  You’re right I’m not going to inquire anymore  for now as I was inquiring once a week since our interview on September 8 but have not done so in a week so I’ll wait another week or two and then just drop another friendly email.   It’s been almost one month so I’m hoping it will not take more than another 30 days at most.   Every lawyer and liaison has told us it’s very normal now and Jordan to go into AP. Thanks again. So much! 🙏🏼

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.