Chris Amos

Employment Verification Dilemma and Where to send Form I-134

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a dilemma on the Form I-134. The NVC approved my case for the K1 visa and is heading over to the US Embassy in Bishkek. I tried to get a letter from my HR and explained it to the best I could, but would not write a letter of employment verification for the Affidavit of Support. He instead referred me to the Work Number. I know that I am not the only one experiencing this. My employer uses a system called the Work Number and I called them twice about getting a letter of employment of verification for the Form I-134, but they said that my employer doesn't do it for this purpose. I talked with him again about it and referred me to my company's benefits thing. I called the number and they were not of any help and didn't know what to do about an employment verification letter. I am really angry about it and scrambling for answers before my fiancé gets interviewed at the embassy. I have everything else for the Form I-134, such as the bank statements for 1 year, W-2's, at least 4 months of pay stubs, etc. If I can't get that letter of employment verification, what can I do? I also know that each embassy is different. Also, where do I send the Form I-134 (both mine and my dad's (co-sponsor)) along with supporting documents for the form and I guess I send them to my fiancé? I did send a digital copy of the packet that I used for the I-129F form into my fiancé's birthday gift along with all of the pictures of me and her together. I am lost and running out of time, please help and thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do you have your job appointment letter or offer of job contract... something you had when you first started?

I once just used a company letterhead, got my manager to state my appointment, salary and start date.  My manager was supportive and just wrote the facts for me, with a "please call we if you have any questions" last line.   Hr or not HR, I think the company letterhead is clear evidence.

I am trying to think out of the box for you.  Please do not assume this is the 100% perfect way, but we do what we can creatively.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline

I remember signing a couple of things when I went to my most recent job orientation (from 3.5 years ago) a drug/alcohol acknowledgment and an associate responsibilities read and sign.

Edited by Chris Amos

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Does the interviewing embassy wants all of that stuff or are you following the instructions on USCIS?

Most embassys only ask for the recent W2 and tax transcript. Check that again before you're going crazy trying to get the employer letter.  

Timeline

I am following the instructions on USCIS. I looked on the US Embassy in Bishkek’s documents required in both IV and DV PDF’s and found nothing on requiring an employment verification letter. Does anyone know where to find documents needed on an Embassy website for K visas?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We used work number for employment verification.

Just write a cover letter explaining your company uses work number for employment verification and provide work number in the cover letter. We also added a printout of work number pamphlet. which explained how they can look it up if needed. This is widely used now so they usually know. Meanwhile get your other supporting documents such as tax transcripts or w2s pay stubs etc. These will support your case.  

For where to send; you will send those to your fiance so she can take it to the interview (or send to embassy - this will depend on the embassy and they will probably explain this in packet 3, most embassies will just tell you to bring it to the interview.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

We used work number for employment verification.

Just write a cover letter explaining your company uses work number for employment verification and provide work number in the cover letter. We also added a printout of work number pamphlet. which explained how they can look it up if needed. This is widely used now so they usually know. Meanwhile get your other supporting documents such as tax transcripts or w2s pay stubs etc. These will support your case.  

For where to send; you will send those to your fiance so she can take it to the interview (or send to embassy - this will depend on the embassy and they will probably explain this in packet 3, most embassies will just tell you to bring it to the interview.

Do you have the link for the Work Number Pamphlet that I can print out? I do have the bank statements, W-2's from the past 3 years, and at least 6 months of pay stubs (I get paid every week.)

2 hours ago, Chris Amos said:

Do you have the link for the Work Number Pamphlet that I can print out? I do have the bank statements, W-2's from the past 3 years, and at least 6 months of pay stubs (I get paid every week.)

Why are you not using tax transcripts?

Timeline

I sent an email to my District HR and I got this reply:

”I am unable to provide any work verification. If you have a specific form to be filled out, (Local HR name) can send that to Associate Relations at the Main Office. They will get it to Payroll for assistance in providing the information you need. You could also print a copy of your HR Express profile which provides the information they are requesting. It will include your date of hire, job, part time/full time status, permanent or temporary status, and your salary.”

What do I do if I can’t get an employment verification from district HR? I looked on the US Embassy of Bishkek’s list of required items to take with you to the interview and didn’t find a thing. If my fiancé gets a list of items to bring to the interview and it mentions that, what can I do in place of the letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.