Steeleballz

Trump administration finalizing ban on flavored e-cigarettes

98 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I agree with you, it is mostly the illegal stuff. And I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery. 

I reached my yearly out of pocket max. Getting anything and everything fixed and probed before end of year. Nothing serous just had some painfully vains in leg fixed 

25 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

That would be like peeing on a bonfire.

In fact Loritab, Narco contains 325 mg tylenol. 

Seriously the majority killed are killed by illegal opioids. Many who have chronic pain are having trouble getting thier painkillers due to new prescription regulations.  Some draconian. 

Some have turned to illegal substances. some even suicide. 

Today was my 3rd day in a row of leg surgery,  got one more to go. Thank god my doctor gives me pain killers, cause all they can give is tylenol

I see this more now, and when all they give is tylenol, there's the risk of more people dying from tylenol overdose. It's not that hard to to overdose on if you start taking it around the clock. Which is what people do because it doesn't really work for anything more than minor pain.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
5 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The Trump administration is finalizing a ban on flavored e-cigarettes after the outbreak of a vaping-related illness that's sickened 450 people and resulted in at least six deaths.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/11/trump-weighs-ban-on-flavored-e-cigarettes-1489507

The president gets full kudo's from me (FWIW) for this move. I don't like too much regulation of anything, but this is something that's dangerous, becoming an epidemic, and worst of all it's being marketed towards teenagers. Good move. 

The government is not our babysitter and should not be banning things the populace wants. They can put warnings out and let us make up our own minds if we want to risk harming our bodies. Our bodies do not belong to the government so why should they regulate what we want to do with it?

18 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

The government is not our babysitter and should not be banning things the populace wants. They can put warnings out and let us make up our own minds if we want to risk harming our bodies. Our bodies do not belong to the government so why should they regulate what we want to do with it?

Whether they should or not is probably a different debate. That they can is not in dispute. The controlled substances act was signed into law by Richard Nixon, and it's constitutional authority derived from the commerce clause. The SC has looked at this numerous times.

The argument in this case would be that nicotine is not a controlled substance, however adding it to the list has been discussed as an option several times as a method to regulate tobacco products.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

I see this more now, and when all they give is tylenol, there's the risk of more people dying from tylenol overdose. It's not that hard to to overdose on if you start taking it around the clock. Which is what people do because it doesn't really work for anything more than minor pain.

Too many people are ignorant to acetaminophen poisoning.  3,000 mg is the max recommended dosage.  And if one ingests too much, sever liver damage/failure ensures (I know you know all of this, just using your post as a springboard).

3,000 mg is super easy to exceed.

4 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Too many people are ignorant to acetaminophen poisoning.  3,000 mg is the max recommended dosage.  And if one ingests too much, sever liver damage/failure ensures (I know you know all of this, just using your post as a springboard).

3,000 mg is super easy to exceed.

Yeah I really try not to even buy anything with acetaminophen if possible. It does nothing for me anyway. It's too easy to have a bunch of medicine, lets say Nyquil, Mucinex and Alka Seltzer, and you could take all 3 of those if you are sick without even realizing you are taking Tylenol. Acute liver failure is a horrible way to go. 

7 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Since we have never banned cigarettes (foul habit and health risk), I don't see how enough support would be raised to ban e-cigs.  Six dead people is hardly an epidemic. 

Theoretically it would best (from a constitutional point of view) to leave this up to individual states to decide. We recently got an email from my daughter's high school that they were removing all the doors from bathroom stalls because they were having such a big problem with vaping. So sometimes you don't have time for niceties such as theoretical debates.

This is a real problem and I'm glad they are doing something about it. However if they do come up with a better solution, I'm all ears.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Theoretically it would best (from a constitutional point of view) to leave this up to individual states to decide. We recently got an email from my daughter's high school that they were removing all the doors from bathroom stalls because they were having such a big problem with vaping. So sometimes you don't have time for niceties such as theoretical debates.

This is a real problem and I'm glad they are doing something about it. However if they do come up with a better solution, I'm all ears.

Don't get me wrong, I hate smoking.  It stinks, and affects everyone around the smoker.  Vaping at least smells nicer.  I can actually enjoy getting whiffs of the vapor of someone who is puffing on it. 

And while I would personally like to see smoking become a rarity, we have never seen a government ban of such.  Not sure there is a justifiable need to ban vaping just yet.  But I do agree that nicotine is a bad drug overall, and does no good for the body.  Unlike THC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Nothing serous just had some painfully vains in leg

Veins are usually serous, or have contents like that.

And if they're painfully vain, they should be told to have less of a high opinion of themselves.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
11 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

I don't actually think you can get over an addiction by continuing to take the substance you are addicted to. 

Probably not a parallel at all, but a doctor once told me that the way to overcome a caffeine headache is to ingest a little more caffeine, but not as much as what caused the headache.  Interesting.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You are right . Its very toxic to the liver. Without googling i think 4k mg in 24 hrs is toxic

Thats why thc should be legal 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Opioids actually have a valid use. Nicotine doesn't.

as a vaper for 5 years (and a former smoker for 24) i believe nicotine does serve a valid use - without it, i'd probably be suspending a lot more people.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!