Jump to content
Sherja

N400 form applying on 3 year rule

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I started filling up the n400 form  base on marriage 3 year gc holder . 

Im scared because I don’t know what will happen if they deny my application will it affect my green card ?

 

and what. Evidence and documents are very good to send ? Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sherja said:

I started filling up the n400 form  base on marriage 3 year gc holder . 

Im scared because I don’t know what will happen if they deny my application will it affect my green card ?

 

and what. Evidence and documents are very good to send ? Thank you 

 

Denial of citizenship doesn’t affect GC unless they found out GC was obtained with false documents.

 

for evidence, may be start with reading instructions

To send it’s not much or you can send the ones being asked for interview. 

 

Just a list from page 11 of n400 instructions, to bring for interview

 

 

A. Spouse of a U.S. Citizen. Bring the following items to your interview if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of your marriage to a U.S. citizen:
(1) Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years at the time you file your Form N-400. Such evidence may include: a birth certificate (if your spouse never lost U.S. citizenship since birth), Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Form FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America;
(2) Evidence of the termination of all your prior marriages; and
(3) Evidence that you and your spouse have lived in marital union for at least 3 years at the time you file your
Form N-400. Such evidence may include:
(a) Joint bank and credit card statements;
(b) Leases or mortgages;
(c) Birth certificates of children;
(d) Insurance policies; and
(e) Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you and your spouse filed for
the past 3 years (or an IRS tax return transcript for the last 3 years).

 

 

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not worry about not being approved if you meet all the requirements.  As to the evidence we sent, it was just the evidence that was required by the instructions. 

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you currently have a 10 year GC? I filed for the N-400 after 3 years of marriage to a USC. But I did it because there was a delay with getting the 10 year GC. A few days after I submitted my N-400 application, I received my 10 year GC, LOL! 

 

What I'm trying to say is that your N-400 filing should not affect your GC. The only thing that I think will come up with the N-400 is if you have been out of the country for "too long". There is guidance on this on the USCIS website and how they count days for continuous residence on US soil.

 

What USCIS definitely wants to see is your joint IRS transcripts and documents that show you are together - rental lease, home ownership, mortgage and better yet, a baby, LOL! (but I am serious too).

 

Everything will be fine. Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, arken said:

 

Denial of citizenship doesn’t affect GC unless they found out GC was obtained with false documents.

 

for evidence, may be start with reading instructions

To send it’s not much or you can send the ones being asked for interview. 

 

Just a list from page 11 of n400 instructions, to bring for interview

 

 

A. Spouse of a U.S. Citizen. Bring the following items to your interview if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of your marriage to a U.S. citizen:
(1) Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years at the time you file your Form N-400. Such evidence may include: a birth certificate (if your spouse never lost U.S. citizenship since birth), Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Form FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America;
(2) Evidence of the termination of all your prior marriages; and
(3) Evidence that you and your spouse have lived in marital union for at least 3 years at the time you file your
Form N-400. Such evidence may include:
(a) Joint bank and credit card statements;
(b) Leases or mortgages;
(c) Birth certificates of children;
(d) Insurance policies; and
(e) Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you and your spouse filed for
the past 3 years (or an IRS tax return transcript for the last 3 years).

 

 

Thank you .. I understand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, little immigrant said:

Unless something is very wrong they shouldn't deny you citizenship as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.

 

4 hours ago, SabineGriffin said:

Do you currently have a 10 year GC? I filed for the N-400 after 3 years of marriage to a USC. But I did it because there was a delay with getting the 10 year GC. A few days after I submitted my N-400 application, I received my 10 year GC, LOL! 

 

What I'm trying to say is that your N-400 filing should not affect your GC. The only thing that I think will come up with the N-400 is if you have been out of the country for "too long". There is guidance on this on the USCIS website and how they count days for continuous residence on US soil.

 

What USCIS definitely wants to see is your joint IRS transcripts and documents that show you are together - rental lease, home ownership, mortgage and better yet, a baby, LOL! (but I am serious too).

 

Everything will be fine. Good Luck!

 

4 hours ago, SabineGriffin said:

Do you currently have a 10 year GC? I filed for the N-400 after 3 years of marriage to a USC. But I did it because there was a delay with getting the 10 year GC. A few days after I submitted my N-400 application, I received my 10 year GC, LOL! 

 

What I'm trying to say is that your N-400 filing should not affect your GC. The only thing that I think will come up with the N-400 is if you have been out of the country for "too long". There is guidance on this on the USCIS website and how they count days for continuous residence on US soil.

 

What USCIS definitely wants to see is your joint IRS transcripts and documents that show you are together - rental lease, home ownership, mortgage and better yet, a baby, LOL! (but I am serious too).

 

Everything will be fine. Good Luck!

We have a 5 year old son and we been married for 9 years in 4 months our anniversary.yes I have a 10 year Gc . Thanks for your response.

Thank you everyone so much I appreciate your responses I will post updates here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 7:30 PM, Sherja said:

Thank you .. I understand 

 

On 9/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, Sherja said:

 

 

We have a 5 year old son and we been married for 9 years in 4 months our anniversary.yes I have a 10 year Gc . Thanks for your response.

Thank you everyone so much I appreciate your responses I will post updates here .

For the tax transcripts I downloaded them online but do I send all parts ?1 tax return transcripts ,2 wage and income and 3 record of accounts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I forgot to put in information after I completed and print the n400 form can I use a pen to write in the information. ??It’s just a previous name use by my husband.

 

or do you suggeste I redo that page ?

if yes how because I tried to just fill one page and print it out and my a # would not go in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sherja said:

If I forgot to put in information after I completed and print the n400 form can I use a pen to write in the information. ??It’s just a previous name use by my husband.

 

or do you suggeste I redo that page ?

if yes how because I tried to just fill one page and print it out and my a # would not go in 

Why don't you do it online? You can submit it online. 

 

Yes you can fill in with black in pen though I would do a new form. 


Cateogory: CR1

  • NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...