Steeleballz

Kroger joins Walmart in asking customers not to openly carry their guns

178 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Another tragedy, I hadn’t read about that one. And Google Jose Guerena for a major screw up by cops. And they get away with it on a regular basis. I wouldn’t feel too secure if I had to rely on the cops as my only source of protection. 

Oh remember this story and it infuriated me to no end when I first heard it. They executed that Marine and got away with it.

35 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Oh remember this story and it infuriated me to no end when I first heard it. They executed that Marine and got away with it.

It was tragic enough they killed him, but to get away with it with no admission of wrong doing? Unbelievable. They murdered the man in his own home. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

8 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

It was tragic enough they killed him, but to get away with it with no admission of wrong doing? Unbelievable. They murdered the man in his own home. 

All because he grabbed his rifle to defend his family. They pretty much did a no knock raid on his house then shot him for doing what a man does.

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

All because he grabbed his rifle to defend his family. They pretty much did a no knock raid on his house then shot him for doing what a man does.

He was in his house, gun was on safe and wasn’t fired. Cops get away with a lot. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Neither do I. Was there one?

Marshall Thorogood.

---

I'm reminded of the sage words of former Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders:  "We need safer guns, and safer bullets!"

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Neither do I. Was there one?

You said George Thorogood . want he the 1st black member of the Scotus. His nickname was the delaware destroyer if I remember right 

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You said George Thorogood . want he the 1st black member of the Scotus. His nickname was the delaware destroyer if I remember right 

George Thurogood, the Singer.

1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Thurgood Marshall, the SC justice.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Just now, Steeleballz said:

George Thurogood, the Singer.

Thurgood Marshall, the SC justice.

I was joking LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

So was I at first, but I can no longer remember the joke.

Getting old sucks.  :devil:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Getting old sucks.  :devil:

Not really .  Lot peace comes with it. Little things dont bother you so much, do really care to  argue. sex drive no longer gets you in trouble.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, laylalex said:

I just don't understand why it's necessary to bring a gun to a supermarket. It has never once crossed my mind. We did not have guns in my house -- my mom is a doctor and saw too much opportunity for something really tragic to happen accidentally, given some of the patients she's had to treat when she was an ER doctor. At one of the firms my dad worked at, one of the attorneys kept a gun in a drawer just in case a client went crazy. But it is not something that I find I would ever want to own, and I do not like being around people who are carrying weapons, unless they are police/similar. 

I admit lying to my ex that permanent residents couldn't own a gun when he said he wanted to buy one. I don't know if he ever figured out I was lying about that! 

I feel the same way but at the same time I am pro 2nd amendment.  I have never had the urge to carry a gun while going to the supermarket.  I do believe in assault rifle bans but not bans on everything.  I have lived in two countries (Brazil and Mexico) where there is a complete 100% ban on any kind of weapon and it sucked because of all the break-ins and assaults in those two countries.  You couldn't protect your family from house invasions which is morally wrong.  But at the same time I don't need a weapon of war that can spit out 100 rounds in a minute just to subdue an assailant.  All you need is a handgun or hunting style shot gun to protect yourself from home invasion.  

10 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

I feel the same way but at the same time I am pro 2nd amendment.  I have never had the urge to carry a gun while going to the supermarket.  I do believe in assault rifle bans but not bans on everything.  I have lived in two countries (Brazil and Mexico) where there is a complete 100% ban on any kind of weapon and it sucked because of all the break-ins and assaults in those two countries.  You couldn't protect your family from house invasions which is morally wrong.  But at the same time I don't need a weapon of war that can spit out 100 rounds in a minute just to subdue an assailant.  All you need is a handgun or hunting style shot gun to protect yourself from home invasion.  

I respect that, and I totally get why it would be even more necessary in Mexico and Brazil. I wouldn't have a handgun or shotgun to protect my home, but it's a personal preference that I wouldn't impose on other people.