K.Sam

Rapidvisa experiences - worth it or not?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It's not peace of mind to put your future in someone else's hands, especially someone who doesn't know you and doesn't care if your case gets delayed or not. They just want the money, they don't care if they happen to miss an important piece of the process. Nobody cares more about your process than you and your future spouse. 

I have seen enough stories about rapidvisa on this forum to know NOT to recommend it to anyone, but it's obviously your call.

and in all honesty, OP's questions should have been asked before the OP signed an agreement and paid the first installment......

"VII. Payment Plan

1. Payments already made using our payment plan are never refundable for any reason.
  2. Future payments may be cancelled if:
    1. It is not more than 30 days since your purchase.
    2. You have not reached the 100% completion point as indicated by our records.
    3. You have not made use of our support assets by asking questions, other than questions about our service and policies.
Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

16 hours ago, K.Sam said:

not even for peace of mind and assistance through the process?

My friend is using them. I am not. He is like you. Gets overwhelmed easily. He needed them because he couldn't stare at the form for 15 minutes to figure out what USCIS wanted. He needed them to hold his hand through the process and tell him what the form said. If you want that, please pay them for it. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. Different people require different things. Best of luck on your visa journey!

19 hours ago, K.Sam said:

I am wondering how long it took other people for their k1 fiancee visa to officially begin the filing process once received by rapidvisa??

My fiancee and I cannot send off our packet to rapid visa until later in the month when we have all our documentation..... and so I am wondering, once it finally gets to rapdivisa how long did it take to be filed with the USCIS with receipt it has begun???? thanks xx

We’re using them for our IR1 application..And selected their premium service for an extra $100 AUD

Id say the advantage is they provide a nice checklist for you to use with ref to your evidence, giving options for alternative info if your low on evidence etc.. also when it comes to packaging everything for USCIS processing they say it’s done in an orderly format that USCIS prefer (true or not, who knows)..they do have 24/7 operators available to ask questions, and they prefill a lot of documents for you.. another good thing is they maintain a full copy of everything you’ve submitted and triple check everything is attached, signed etc helping to reduce the chances of mistakes, plus all the documents from initial submission through to the end are listed for you in nice easy steps.. 

i dont think it really added too much time to the over all process... maybe a day or two for filinging... but everything was pretty fast at their end.. 

would i I recommend Them? I guess we could have done it without them, but it is nice to have the added support and confidence that we didn’t miss anything, so I’d say yes, but if your short on cash it’s something that isn’t a must have. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

19 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Id say the advantage is they provide a nice checklist for you to use with ref to your evidence,

We used the free checklist on the USCIS website, with no issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

but if your short on cash it’s something that isn’t a must have. 

Immigration is not a good process for those who are short on cash..........this process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and......money.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I used RapidVisa. I also was nervous on whether or not I would be capable of doing it myself. Waste of money in my opinion.

All they do is have a robot automatically fill out the forms based off info you still have to find and give them. Then a person checks over it, and tells you if there’s anything wrong with the info. The person who checked mine kept telling me that info that was CORRECT was incorrect and it took me a good few days to convince them that yes, it is correct, so that they could finally enable printing for my petition.

They also insisted that my evidence of bona fide marriage wasn’t valid evidence, despite every other resource saying it was, and told me to submit affidavit letters instead, which pretty much every other good resource says is pointless. Again it took me a good few days to convince them that I wanted them to send my petition with the evidence I had included and was confident in and was not going to add letters. Finally they agreed and sent it.

But it took a month start to finish between submitting all the info online, putting together my packet (yes you have to do this yourself too, if you pay for their service to “check it and send it for you” you still have to put the packet together and all they’ll do is check off a checklist the same as you can find online yourself), and getting them to send it to USCIS. A few hundred dollars broker and 6 months later and I wish I had just found VJ sooner and done the thing myself. Even though you’ve already paid the $200 for the payment plan, if you’re eligible I would cancel the service, save yourself whatever was due later in the payment, and just use VJ and other resources for questions or concerns you have and DIY the thing

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

36 minutes ago, missileman said:

Immigration is not a good process for those who are short on cash..........this process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and......money.

Agreed, immigration isn’t cheap and takes a lot of patience etc.. but is something you can do with or without rapid visa so I think is an optional extra for our experience 

like Lily J said, I wish we’d of found this site sooner, in which case we probably wouldn’t have used them 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We are using rapid visa. I didnt know about this site at the time and thought I needed a lawyer or a website like that anyway...( I do like how the do the forms in an easy questionnaire format much like turbo tax) To answer your question. I sent our finished packet to them on the 18th of July uscis got it on the 25th of july. That said I would not use them for the processes after as the value add was not worth 1200 dollars on top of reading replies I'm now worried instead of having peace of mind. It's true I dont know what our final submittal truly looks like. 

It only took a few days for me...i mailed my packet on the 14th of June on the 15th they sent it to uscis on the 17th it was received and I got my noa1 on the 22nd. I have to say I was very surprised amd they do know what they're doing. It may be that they have a lot filing right now

I wish I could find the thread, but within the past year there was somebody where they delayed their filing by 3 months, then got an RFE for a missing document (that was clearly noted in the instructions and guide here) anyway. The 3 month delay was because they kept asking for certain documents that were not required (and not useful) and it took a long time to get those documents.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 2 weeks later...

Rapidvisa took care of ours within 3 days after I mailed it to them, we did not have any RFEs, no complications and were approved. I have nothing bad to say about them, and our case was not a straightforward case as it involved multiple marriages, IMBRA, changes of address, accidentally omitting something for a police report, and other little things that might have caused issues.

That being said, I did the AoS portion ourselves, it may be good for some people, but others will not need it. as with anything, only you can decide what is best for your circumstance. Best of luck either way you choose!

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.