K.Sam

Rapidvisa experiences - worth it or not?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In my opinion its not worth it!!!

The I-129F is fairly straightforward. But hey if you feel it's helpful to your situation then by all means use them. Best of luck!!!

2 hours ago, K.Sam said:

so do you hear mostly good or bad things 

i am wondering if its worth the risk of losing the $202 i have already paid on the payment plan and cancelling with rapid visa and then doing it ourselves. 

You can do this yourself without involving rapid visa. Up in the right hand corner you can do a search on their name and for that you'll get an idea.

Think about this, you gather all the information for the I-129f, they complete the form for $200 and then its back forth with spelling errors and such. Four to six weeks you finally sign off and it's sent to USCIS. 

Just my experience from others who have used rapid visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, K.Sam said:

i feel they make sure you have everything you need hey. if i didnt use them i wouldnt have known i needed certain things and we would have sent off our visa only to have it returned so so far they have saved us time so i may stick with it

And yet some people read and research, and discover everything they need on their own.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, K.Sam said:

I am on a payment plan with rapid visa so they can help me and my fiancee with my k1 petition. we both get easily overwhelmed and stressed out so we feel using them is a good idea as we knew someone who used it and had a great experience. we have not sent off our petition yet as we require more documentation and luckily they have actually helped prompt us to get more information to ensure we dont have our packet sent back to us and time wasted etc so i feel they are invaluable even if more expensive,

can you please tell me if you used rapid visa and have had a smooth good experience this far or not???

i want to know if they are truly helpful or a rip off

My friend, you come to a DIY immigration website and ask folks if they used a 3rd party to do their work. I suspect that you won't get too many unbiased opinions.  FWIW, we have done all the work ourselves, no outside help requested, solicited or paid for. YMMV.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

3 hours ago, K.Sam said:

do they mess up cases often??!

There is lots of anecdotal evidence of this here on VJ.  Many folks find their way here as a result of errors on the part of RV.  Makes sense - any third party service can only be as good as the info and documents provided to them, and no one is more invested in the process as the petitioner and beneficiary.

Impossible to say how often they mess up. They are not attorneys. They are just going off a checklist they use for anybody...you're not likely to have somebody touching your case that really understands your circumstances + the requirements and adapts your packet to address those items.

But sometimes they do mess up, and we do hear about it here. Sometimes they mess up very severely - if you do a search on this site you will see some examples. Good luck getting them to admit their mistakes or even provide a refund. It's just another case to them, whereas when it is your own case, it is the world to you.

Hmm...apprearently they help with tourist visas now for $99. That's a pretty hefty fee on a $160 application (and probably takes less time to complete the DS-160 than to fill out their form...since it's all the same information).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

*** Two threads of the same topic merged. Please make only one thread per topic.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The only advantage in using a service is the help that can be had on the beneficiary side.  It doesn't say what country your fiance lives in.  Also, I'm not sure what Rapid Visa provides in the beneficiary country.

In my case I completed all of the paperwork with the help from the guides on Visa Journey.

My wife used a service in Thailand for assistance filling out the paperwork in Thailand.  She doesn't have a computer/laptop, so we paid a little over $100 to have one of the services in Thailand to assist with getting her packet three and four completed.

Same deal though, she had to do the legwork to get all of the necessary documents in order.  They dd walk her through the process, telling her exactly what was needed and recommended several places that are approved for translations services, and etc.

The guides here are excellent.  We had our Green Card interview last week and no hiccups along the way.  Green Card will hopefully arrive next week..  The interviewing officer said 1-3 weeks, I'm hoping for the best case though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, K.Sam said:

i feel they make sure you have everything you need hey. if i didnt use them i wouldnt have known i needed certain things and we would have sent off our visa only to have it returned so so far they have saved us time so i may stick with it

what we have read about Rapid visa is most of the time they mess up the process by not sending all the documents needed to USCIS or by not informing applicants of some of the steps.

It does not make case faster 

all the steps and all information of needed documents is here at the top under guides (for this and all the process to follow after submitting the original application)

Do you intend to get help for the AOS after marriage on the K!?  as then you really get into money for a US lawyer?   learn the process and all that is involved /   VJ members will walk you thru this and point out the sites needed for all information..   Plus USCIS gives all this information free and has a step by step guide for K1

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/visas-fiancees-us-citizens

I used them, was quoted from an old post above. They do nothing for you that you cannot do yourself easier and cheaper. Use the money to upgrade the wedding, ALL the help you need is here and free

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Maybe you should check out this site and read what the customers says about rapid visa

https://www.bbb.org/us/nv/las-vegas/profile/computer-software-developers/rapidvisa-inc-1086-90043511/complaints

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, K.Sam said:

so do you hear mostly good or bad things 

i am wondering if its worth the risk of losing the $202 i have already paid on the payment plan and cancelling with rapid visa and then doing it ourselves. 

When we and I started out K1, I bought a "kit" for like $35.  After doing a bit of research after finding Visa Journey,  I realized that a couple of the forms in the kit were expired.  I told them and they denied it and refused to refund my money.  After going to USCIS site and getting the correct updated forms, we then filed.  Had we filed with the "kit"   it would have been kicked back and had to refile.  Since being on VJ , every step of the way for most any visa is covered by many who have been there and done that themselves.   As others say, we normally hear the horror stories of failed filings etc.   For me, and others, I didn't want to risk having something lost, not included,  miss filed,.  Unless you have some complications in your case,  you can do it yourself.  If you ask questions to RV,  they may take offense as they are the "professionals" and you are not.  Truthfully, that is a LOT of money to spend for getting information from YOU,  filling out the forms, and mailing it in.     Take a few days, and browse this site, you will find every answer you could look for.  It's going to take a year or so anyways, what's a few days?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, DakotaKid said:

The guides here are excellent.  We had our Green Card interview last week and no hiccups along the way.  Green Card will hopefully arrive next week..  The interviewing officer said 1-3 weeks, I'm hoping for the best case though.

Wife had hers in 5 days,  nice...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.