Rachela

Unable to Read Messages

14 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anybody else is experiencing the same problem I'm having with messages on the Dept. of State site. When I click on messages in my inbox, a grey box temporarily opens beneath the list of messages, but disappears a short time later without displaying the message. My husband and I have tried 3 different computers and every browser we can think of (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, Brave) but the result is always the same. We're not sure what else to do.

I’ve had the same issue. I kept refreshing the message and eventually the words in the grey box did appear. Sorry, that’s all I can suggest!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

got this problem when using Firefox but if you use microsoft edge/Chrome it'll appear. Just wait a bit as there's some delay before the messages start to show up.

• 3 weeks later...

I also encountered this issue. 

The best way to display the messages is to refresh the page and then only click on one of the messages and wait (it takes 3-5 min). If the box (at the bottom of the page) opens and closes, click the same message one more time. After few minutes the message should appear. 

Unfortunately you will have to keep doing this for every message. ☹️😤

Edited by Ala12345

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, Anynonmus said:

I have the same issue. I get the message from NVC is regarding DS260 review note, but when I click on the message a gray box appear with a blank screen. Please help 

Hello- Same issue here. Were you able to get it resolved? I have tried different browsers and still nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I've been having the same problem to open the messages sent by NVC.

What I've noticed is that I've been having better luck opening the messages with my mobile phone using Chrome browser. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 in case that's a factor. It doesn't work every single time but I've been able to see them if I click the message and wait a few seconds. Hope it can help someone else. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.