justmarriedusciti

Where to get blood tests for I-693?

5 posts in this topic

I visited a USCIS registered doctor and he has given me a list of vaccines and blood tests I need to get done. I had some results I got from the NHS in England for my vaccines but the rest I never got. I have insurance through my employer and will call them to ask if they cover the following:

- RPR blood test

- GC urine test

The vaccines I plan on getting thru CVS/Walgreens. 

Could I please get some advice as to where I could get these tests and vaccines for free or covered as close to 100% by insurance? 

22 minutes ago, justmarriedusciti said:

I visited a USCIS registered doctor and he has given me a list of vaccines and blood tests I need to get done. I had some results I got from the NHS in England for my vaccines but the rest I never got. I have insurance through my employer and will call them to ask if they cover the following:

- RPR blood test

- GC urine test

Could I please get some advice as to where I could get these tests and vaccines for free or covered as close to 100% by insurance? 

Start with your local Health Department:

https://dchealth.dc.gov/

You may be able to find a location near your home that will do them for free or with insurance.  Even if you were to pay something, it would be cheaper through them (from my experience anyways).  Hope it helps!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

35 minutes ago, justmarriedusciti said:

- RPR blood test

- GC urine test

Most if not all vaccines are usually covered by most of not all insurance plans. 

The rest, you might have to pay out of pocket. Some insurance plans will reimburse all or part of the cost. I did mine and this is many years ago but I remember paying around $500-$600 for the whole thing, testing and everything else. I paid first, then submitted to my insurance and they reimburse probably 80% of it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, justmarriedusciti said:

visited a USCIS registered doctor and he has given me a list of vaccines and blood tests I need to get done

I find it really odd that a USCIS Civil Surgeon's office didn't draw your blood and send it out to a lab, then give you the immunizations you require. Did you ask to do it elsewhere to save money or use insurance?

13 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I find it really odd that a USCIS Civil Surgeon's office didn't draw your blood and send it out to a lab, then give you the immunizations you require. Did you ask to do it elsewhere to save money or use insurance?

He provided me options to get it done at the lab he works at. But that's out of network for my insurance (my health provider?? I'm still confused about this whole American Healthcare system, sorry), so instead I decided that I will get the shots and blood work done from my local in network hospital. That would save me some money and will come in the same time. The hospital tested me for a few vaccines and gave me a paper saying that I don't need some of them. Emailed the doc that paper and he said we could use that instead of the vaccines that are not required. 

The USCIS doctor told me that most insurance will cover RPR blood tests and GC urine tests if we tell them that they are for preventative purposes. I wonder if that holds true?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.