Nature Boy 2.0

The Popeye's Chicken Sandwich thing

61 posts in this topic

Popeyes is ghetto

Chick Fil A is clean as a whistle, the lines wrap double around the parking for lunch and breakfast, they keep the lines moving, plus they are pro choice which I assume draws many people to them.  I am not a fan of chicken sandwiches and don't eat them, but I am truly amazed to see how CFA deals with lines and must serve a clean and tasty meal since almost everyone I see is overflowing with customers.

I will eat some Fried Chicken from Popeyes, not too bad if you catch it fresh and hot, I would pass on the chicken sandwich.

ChickBoy

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Indeed. The secret ingredients are what makes it special. Just not in a good way. 

Taking about this, me thinks I shall stop by the local meat market and buy some chicken boobies to sous vide medium rare today.

56 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Seriously though. Even up in Canada I notice the difference. When my wife first got here years ago, she would always say she can't eat the chemical chicken here.   

Glad you all know me well enough to know i was joking 

8 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Popeyes is ghetto

Chick Fil A is clean as a whistle, the lines wrap double around the parking for lunch and breakfast, they keep the lines moving, plus they are pro choice which I assume draws many people to them.  I am not a fan of chicken sandwiches and don't eat them, but I am truly amazed to see how CFA deals with lines and must serve a clean and tasty meal since almost everyone I see is overflowing with customers.

I will eat some Fried Chicken from Popeyes, not too bad if you catch it fresh and hot, I would pass on the chicken sandwich.

Chik Fil a is proof that if you have standards and training,  you can give efficient courteous service.

From what I understand the standards for ownership are very high. Community service, clean record etc .very little investment compared to other franchises. 

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Glad you all know me well enough to know i was joking 

Well I’m sure you have heard it before too. No matter what country our SO’s came from, they likely have something to say about the food here. 

My wife complained about the quality beef here too, but she has also told me they could only afford beef once a month or so growing up in the Russia, and she had never even had steak till she came here. I guess that’s the trade off. We could pay more for higher quality meat, but we might not be eating it every day.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Never been a big fan of chicken, and have never eaten at a Popeye's.  That being said, I had some chicken last week in Russia cooked shashlick style that was very tasty.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

If you wimmens dont like our chicken you need to back where you came from 

the kitchen?   :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

4 hours ago, yuna628 said:

LOL... I don't know what it is about their chicken NB. Maybe it's handled with love, maybe they have room to breathe, maybe they eat good, and they have different handling standards after slaughter - but in the UK it will be the most flavorful piece of chicken you'll ever eat. Even the KFC tastes different!

Can confirm. I recently had a couple of my nephew's friends to stay, two young women from London. One of them lived very near to where my last flat in London was located before I moved over here, and we spent about 15 minutes waxing rhapsodical about the deliciousness of the Archway KFC chicken.

If anyone needs a top tip for the location of succulent British KFC, may I recommend the outlet at 667 Holloway Road, near the Archway tube.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
54 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

Can confirm. I recently had a couple of my nephew's friends to stay, two young women from London. One of them lived very near to where my last flat in London was located before I moved over here, and we spent about 15 minutes waxing rhapsodical about the deliciousness of the Archway KFC chicken.

If anyone needs a top tip for the location of succulent British KFC, may I recommend the outlet at 667 Holloway Road, near the Archway tube.

Fast food... the most horrid scourge to cross the shores of England since the great plague, and probably responsible for killing far more. You can keep your Popeye's, your KFC, and the rest of them. It's not even that it's bad food. It's as if food had a bad dream, and it came true.

I will say, however, that the chicken in the UK is far superior to the over-engineered, water-engourged slurry that passes for poultry here. And yes, I know the UK isn't known for its native cuisines, but at least when I cut into a chicken breast that was farmed and raised in Suffolk, I'm not in danger of having factory injected saline geysered into my eye.

Coincidentally, I will be staying at the Miami Mandarin Oriental through the end of the weekend, and spoke with the Executive Chef earlier this week. They certainly do not serve dreck such as "chicken sandwiches" on premises. I do look forward to the actual catch of the day, however.

Thought you'd like to know, dear @elmcitymaven. 😉

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

16 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Fast food... the most horrid scourge to cross the shores of England since the great plague, and probably responsible for killing far more. You can keep your Popeye's, your KFC, and the rest of them. It's not even that it's bad food. It's as if food had a bad dream, and it came true.

I will say, however, that the chicken in the UK is far superior to the over-engineered, water-engourged slurry that passes for poultry here. And yes, I know the UK isn't known for its native cuisines, but at least when I cut into a chicken breast that was farmed and raised in Suffolk, I'm not in danger of having factory injected saline geysered into my eye.

Coincidentally, I will be staying at the Miami Mandarin Oriental through the end of the weekend, and spoke with the Executive Chef earlier this week. They certainly do not serve dreck such as "chicken sandwiches" on premises. I do look forward to the actual catch of the day, however.

The maven always cares, dear @Boris Farage.

The Mandarin Oriental? Very nice indeed, v smart. Alas my budget is more constrained now that I am shabby-genteel (relatively speaking) and I can only afford a suite at the Kimpton EPIC using my IHG rewards points. #tearsformaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

51 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Terrible time to visit here. Durian is bad enough,  bit Dorian may wreak havoc all around the area.

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

Terrible time to visit here. Durian is bad enough,  bit Dorian may wreak havoc all around the area.

Agreed, but couldn't be helped. It seems Middle Eastern investors believe the United States consists of New York, Texas, and Miami.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Yep, and I am (supposed to be) headed to the Keys this weekend.  Most likely will still go. 

Tropical storm?  We call that a rain shower with a name.

Got to go to Wetstock....google it.  Right next to our island.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

39 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Yep, and I am (supposed to be) headed to the Keys this weekend.  Most likely will still go. 

Tropical storm?  We call that a rain shower with a name.

Got to go to Wetstock....google it.  Right next to our island.

I need to get back down your way soon.   Heck, I need to visit your weekly stomping grounds during the week.