3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, YUPARK said:

I was wondering if we are able to get a medical exam before we receive packet 3.  Are there documents we have to give to the doctors or can we go to the assigned doctors to get the medical examinations done without packet 3.  My NOA -2 is out and waiting to get my case number from NVC.  

The sooner you get the medical done the shorter the validity period will be on your visa.  

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As stated above, the one thing you don't want to do too early is the medical. Usually 7-10 days before the interview, but if you wanted to be safe I would say 3 weeks before the interview max. The visa expiration is based on the medical so you usually don't do the medical until you have your interview scheduled because you usually have 2 weeks notice minimum. When My wife did it we only had 9 days notice for the interview, but did medical next day after we got the notice, and everything made it to the embassy in time. Check the embassy specific reviews to see how early most people did the medical for their interview. Most of the time you can schedule the interview with just your case number from NVC when you get it.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.