Jrock7

After NVC Email

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

Is this where the link in the steps took you? The appointment needs to be with the IV unit,  the link above is for the nonimmigrant unit 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

If everything is done online, she needs the appointment letter for the medical exam? How does she get the appointment letter?

Print it. 

She could also use a print out of the letter from NVC with the MNL# you received today.   That's what we used

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from K1 P&P - The OP is asking country specific questions~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jrock7 said:

Hi, we've reached the next stage in the process. I received an email earlier today from the NVC stating they are transferring our petition to my fiance's embassy in Manila and it will take several weeks and that her emassy will contact her when they are ready to process the petition. The email also stated that my my fiance go to the website to learn how to apply for the visa and prepare for the interview. As for the DS-160 that she has to fill out, can she do that now and pay the $265? Or does she need to wait for her embassy to contact her? I'm sure she can get other things in the meantime like police certificate, 2 passport photos, and the medical exam. But I am just wondering about the DS-160 form right now. Thanks.

That is great news!  Now forward that email to your fiancee as she will need a copy for the medical at St. Luke's.

I would tend to ignore the NVC email (except for forwarding a copy to your fiancee) .. unless you want to sit around twiddling your thumbs when you could be completing all the requirements.   Many never receive anything from the embassy.

Here is a guide to the complete process for Manila.   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

No issue completing the DS-160 now.

Yes she can pay the visa fee now.  But do NOT schedule the interview until CEAC status shows READY  (info in the guide I gave you a link to)

Not local police clearance... the NBI is what is required.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jrock7 said:

If everything is done online, she needs the appointment letter for the medical exam? How does she get the appointment letter?

You get the appt. confirmation page / letter when you schedule your interview.   When scheduling online your print out the confirmation page at the end of the process.  If you call to schedule (no benefit over scheduling online yourself) you will receive an email/letter .

The NVC email/letter you received with your MNL #.   (hopefully  you emailed to acquire this)

You need the NVC email/letter.   The appt confirmation page is "optional" ... IF available  (so you can complete the medical before scheduling the interview if you so choose)

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

The SLEC website states :

K VISA APPLICANTS

1. EACH APPLICANT MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Valid passport
    2. 1 photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information. Photocopy on short bond paper. Passport photocopy should be the same size as the original, not enlarged or reduced.
    3. 4 pieces recent 2"x2" visa photos (see visa photo guide), 3 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IDENTICAL. Write the applicant's complete name at the back of each photo. 

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.
    4. Letter with Case Number 

• Principal Applicant - original & 1 photocopy
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each

If Letter of Case Number was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copies for each derivative.

5. Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy , if available

• Principal Applicant - original & 2 photocopies
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each
      If Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copies for each derivative.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

NO!  That is for non-immigrant visas, K-1 is process as an immigrant visa.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html  < Info for scheduling is half way down the page

8 hours ago, Jrock7 said:

http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp

Is this the website you meant? I went to Manila embassy site and after a few clicks, it took me here.

NO

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Still NO.   that is NIV  = non-immigrant    (K-1 is processed as an immigrant visa)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, TXBill said:

Got it. I was thinking from NOA2. 

How many CEAC statuses are there? I know you have to wait for ready before scheduling the interview.

The status you are watching for is READY .. at that point you can schedule the interview.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html  < halfway down the page for K-1

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

A couple things. Thank you all for the responses. First, this whole time I thought fiance k1 visa was a non immigrant visa. And two, how long does it take for the ceac tracker to update? I know I just received the email with the MNL# yesterday, but i was hoping by today it would show something. It still says invalid case number.

8 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

A couple things. Thank you all for the responses. First, this whole time I thought fiance k1 visa was a non immigrant visa. And two, how long does it take for the ceac tracker to update? I know I just received the email with the MNL# yesterday, but i was hoping by today it would show something. It still says invalid case number.

The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa, but it processed as a immigrant visa.  I know, confusing.

Just follow the steps and links on Hank's site, and you will be ok.

Finally done.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

You need to track on the immigrant tracker 

YMMV

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

On CEAC you must be using Immigrant Visa .

It can be another week before CEAC status shows READY ...   just keep checking .. suddenly things will get exciting.

Ignore the NVC info ..  K-1 flies SOLO!  :lol:  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.