laylalex

Republican Steve King: if not for incest and rape 'would there be any population left?'

290 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

odd that a discussion on reproductive rights centers on aborting a child, which isn't about reproducing at all......

It is a constitutional right affirmed by the highest court in the land. As you may know from discussing other constitutionally guaranteed rights, whether you like them or agree with them personally is of little consequence. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Just now, Steeleballz said:

It is a constitutional right affirmed by the highest court in the land. As you may know from discussing other constitutionally guaranteed rights, whether you like them or agree with them personally is of little consequence. 

Abortion is nothing more than a rally cry to each base. Fairly settled law 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

It's not just the right to seek an abortion, but the right to obtain birth control too.

Men knows what makes babies too.  Unfortunately there's just many situations where they can't stop raping women and girls.

It's about the right to choose not to have your rapists baby.

Except the subject of this thread is about abortion in cases of rape and incest. Please do make sure you tell a  little girl that's been raped by her father to just ''suck it up buttercup'' and pop out that baby. How dare they not support themselves.

I have never seen ANYONE on VJ speak out against abortion when it comes to rape nor to incest.  Not once in 9 years.  I believe we are all on the same sheet of music here.

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Abortion is nothing more than a rally cry to each base. Fairly settled law 

Agreed. I think it would do a lot more good if the focus could be shifted on how to improve reproductive healthcare and access to it. Trying to restrict it and limit the options women have has the opposite effect to what is intended. 

8 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Show me the actual text in the constitution where the word "abortion' is written,  and I'll buy you dinner. 

Roe v. Wade did NOT amend the constitution,  period.  People choose to invoke the 4th in a lame attempt to call abortion a "constitutional right".  :no:

2 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Show me the actual text in the constitution where the word "abortion' is written,  and I'll buy you dinner. 

Roe v. Wade did NOT amend the constitution,  period.  People choose to invoke the 4th in a lame attempt to call abortion a "constitutional right".  :no:

The supreme court respectfully disagrees with your interpretation. I suggest you take it up with them. 

Edited by Steeleballz

Just now, Steeleballz said:

The supreme court respectfully disagrees with your interpretation. I suggest you take it up with them. 

You said constitutional right before.  Now you're saying supreme court.    I agree with the latter, but not the former.

6 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

You said constitutional right before.  Now you're saying supreme court.    I agree with the latter, but not the former.

The supreme court ruled in Roe vs Wade that this is a constitutionally protected right. We have been over this several times. It is actually written in clear English in the SC court decision. Your argument is based on semantics. 

We could argue that the sky is green, but in the end, how you see it is up to you. It doesn't really matter to me. The reality doesn't change.

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

Except the subject of this thread is about abortion in cases of rape and incest. Please do make sure you tell a  little girl that's been raped by her father to just ''suck it up buttercup'' and pop out that baby. How dare they not support themselves.

This is what the left do. Conflate, and misdirect. Of course I'm not speaking of cases of rape and incest, and you know that. But I think we can all agree the world would be a better place with fewer abortions, legal or otherwise. And one way to reduce abortion is for women to simply behave in a more responsible manner. I don't know why that is so controversial.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

2 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

This is what the left do. Conflate, and misdirect. Of course I'm not speaking of cases of rape and incest, and you know that. But I think we can all agree the world would be a better place with fewer abortions, legal or otherwise. And one way to reduce abortion is for women to simply behave in a more responsible manner. I don't know why that is so controversial.

everyone knows when a woman does it she is slutty and when a man does it he is a stud. Women should behave more responsible 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

everyone knows when a woman does it she is slutty and when a man does it he is a stud. Women should behave more responsible 

Not what I said or meant, but the grain of truth is that it's not men getting the abortions.

-

4 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Not what I said or meant, but the grain of truth is that it's not men getting the abortions.

Your argument centered on behaving responsibility and yet you focused only on how that applies to a women. This is the folly when one chooses to focus on mere "grains" of truth. The biological fact is that a man and woman are both required for procreation. Unless consent was not given, both are responsible.

36 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Not left, please direct your labels elsewhere.

This thread is about abortions in cases of rape and incest of which individuals like Steve King want to do, and also what several bills signed into law are designed to do, and what many in positions of power seemingly agree with. Do I know what you're speaking of, I can only surmise because this is what the context of the thread is about? I'm not your mind reader, afterall.

I would of course like men to behave in a responsible manner and stop raping women and girls, or abandoning their wives and children, or pregnant ladies. It's unfortunate some don't seem to understand this. It's great that many do step up and behave like responsible men and fathers. But that's not the subject of this thread.

1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

I have never seen ANYONE on VJ speak out against abortion when it comes to rape nor to incest.  Not once in 9 years.  I believe we are all on the same sheet of music here.

I think most of you are, and I'm glad about that. But you have to understand, people like Steve King aren't some one-off thing.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Your argument centered on behaving responsibility and yet you focused only on how that applies to a women. This is the folly when one chooses to focus on mere "grains" of truth. The biological fact is that a man and woman are both required for procreation. Unless consent was not given, both are responsible.

Of course it goes without saying that both men and women should behave responsibly. But I say again, it is not the men getting the abortions. If a man puts himself in a situation where he's having unprotected sex, worst case is an STD. If a woman puts herself in a situation where she is having unprotected sex, worst case is an abortion. So if a woman believes she may engage in unprotected sex, then it follows that she should just. stay. home. Drink some wine, catch up on the laundry, whatever. Obviously this does not apply to rape or incest.

-

7 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Of course it goes without saying that both men and women should behave responsibly. But I say again, it is not the men getting the abortions. If a man puts himself in a situation where he's having unprotected sex, worst case is an STD. If a woman puts herself in a situation where she is having unprotected sex, worst case is an abortion. So if a woman believes she may engage in unprotected sex, then it follows that she should just. stay. home. Drink some wine, catch up on the laundry, whatever. Obviously this does not apply to rape or incest.

I wish we still had the CABBA crowd around. The replies would be interesting.