JTYKND

Meeting for 2 years condition

22 posts in this topic

Timeline

I have some confusion regarding this.

Knowing each other: 2016, already meet and have several trips together with pictures. One international trip with stamp in passport.

Divorce with ex-wife: July 2019 

Fall in love with other: August 2019, even though we have feelings before but I was marriage with my wife, so it's not official, so I only count after my divorce. 

Planning to do K1 visa in August 2020; Can I provide evidence of meeting between 2016-2020, or I will have to provide just evidence of meeting after August 2019. I am planning to have 1 trip in December, 1 trip in March or June

So far what I have:

- Money transfer evidence from 2017-now

- Chat record from 2017-now

- Pictures of us meeting during those years

Thanks everyone for advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ln91 said:

I have some confusion regarding this.

Knowing each other: 2016, already meet and have several trips together with pictures. One international trip with stamp in passport.

Divorce with ex-wife: July 2019 

Fall in love with other: August 2019, even though we have feelings before but I was marriage with my wife, so it's not official, so I only count after my divorce. 

Planning to do K1 visa in August 2020; Can I provide evidence of meeting between 2016-2020, or I will have to provide just evidence of meeting after August 2019. I am planning to have 1 trip in December, 1 trip in March or June

So far what I have:

- Money transfer evidence from 2017-now

- Chat record from 2017-now

- Pictures of us meeting during those years

Thanks everyone for advice.

You are only required to prove one face to face meeting within the two years immediately prior to the filing of the petition 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

You are only required to prove one face to face meeting within the two years immediately prior to the filing of the petition 

So it does not matter if we not in official relationship at that point? Or it has to be after we in our official relationship 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ln91 said:

So it does not matter if we not in official relationship at that point? Or it has to be after we in our official relationship 

You need to prove one face to face meeting within the two years immediately prior to the petition submission.   Interpret literally.  

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From my experience with Vietnam, I would focus on future meetings. Go to VN, take photos of you together at well-known landmarks (Saigon River; Hanoi's Old Quarter, Nha Trang beach, etc.). Pics with VN family and friends. Keep your receipts/tickets (flight, hotels, etc.). Take some screen-shots of Skype or other chat logs - don't overdo it. Just have records that you talk, email, etc. Records of sending money - Western Union, etc. - can look suspicious. You supporting her is not part of the K-1; being able to support her in America is. I hope you have a decent job and don't need a sponsor. The simpler it is, the better. Have good income and tax records (3 years and current). From what we hear, things appear to be getting tougher in Vietnam. It's never easy b/c of high-fraud country. Just show that you have met, shared time traveling in VN, met family, etc. No need to "front load" as people like to say here. Just give them what they ask. Go to the interview in VN. That's extremely important. When they interviewed me, they thanked me for being at the interview. Every single American man that was at the consulate was successful for his significant other. Can't say the same for the women who were alone, and walked away crying - alone. I think they have a harder time turning down an American that shows up at the interview. Anyway, go to the interview. Good luck!

Edited by WandY
spelling

2 hours ago, WandY said:

From my experience with Vietnam, I would focus on future meetings. Go to VN, take photos of you together at well-known landmarks (Saigon River; Hanoi's Old Quarter, Nha Trang beach, etc.). Pics with VN family and friends. Keep your receipts/tickets (flight, hotels, etc.). Take some screen-shots of Skype or other chat logs - don't overdo it. Just have records that you talk, email, etc. Records of sending money - Western Union, etc. - can look suspicious. You supporting her is not part of the K-1; being able to support her in America is. I hope you have a decent job and don't need a sponsor. The simpler it is, the better. Have good income and tax records (3 years and current). From what we hear, things appear to be getting tougher in Vietnam. It's never easy b/c of high-fraud country. Just show that you have met, shared time traveling in VN, met family, etc. No need to "front load" as people like to say here. Just give them what they ask. Go to the interview in VN. That's extremely important. When they interviewed me, they thanked me for being at the interview. Every single American man that was at the consulate was successful for his significant other. Can't say the same for the women who were alone, and walked away crying - alone. I think they have a harder time turning down an American that shows up at the interview. Anyway, go to the interview. Good luck!

best advice right here to give you.

Edited by LoganSKT

Timeline
3 hours ago, WandY said:

I have question regarding chat logs.

do I have to print more than 1000+ pages of chat log and give it to them? Or how should I do this ? Cause we definitely have way too much chatting.

3 minutes ago, ln91 said:

do I have to print more than 1000+ pages of chat log and give it to them? Or how should I do this ? Cause we definitely have way too much chatting.

Chats are not a requirement. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sending chats - just pick a sample from various time periods over the course of the relationship.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ln91 said:

No intrinsic value for the petition 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I gave them no chat logs. Instead, about six months ago, I changed my Facebook notification settings so that I got an email every time my girlfriend initiated a Messenger chat conversation. Then before her interview I did a search of my inbox for "[name of girlfriend] sent you a message" and then printed screenshots of the list, which showed her initiating chat conversations with me daily. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

I gave them no chat logs. Instead, about six months ago, I changed my Facebook notification settings so that I got an email every time my girlfriend initiated a Messenger chat conversation. Then before her interview I did a search of my inbox for "[name of girlfriend] sent you a message" and then printed screenshots of the list, which showed her initiating chat conversations with me daily. 

May I ask how I do this?

18 hours ago, ln91 said:

official relationship

This is not a thing.  There is no legal designation of "official relationship," just like there is not one for "engaged."

10 hours ago, ln91 said:

do I have to print more than 1000+ pages of chat log and give it to them?

NO.  Please don't do this.  Not required or even requested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.