Jump to content
Alex & Annelynn

Some small questions about K1 visa packet

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! We have a few more questions:


1. Is it necessary to translate train/bus tickets from French/Dutch to English? Could I just do it myself?
2. Do I (the beneficiary) need to take copies of every page in my passport?
3. When Alex flew to Belgium he took an indirect flight via Madrid (Spain) and only got a passport stamp there, not in Belgium. Is this normal,  would it raise questions?
4. In the I-129F file when they ask for the mothers name, does it need to be the maiden name?
5. Do we need to provide Alex's birth certificate since he was not born in the US, or is his naturalization certificate + US passport enough? 

6. I recently graduated so I haven't had any real jobs apart from a summer job, do I include that as my employment history? And since I had the same job in the same company for 4 summers in a row, what do I write as start and end date? Do I split it up in 4, and put the start and end date for each year?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. If you're using them as proof of an in-person meeting and including them in your I-129F packet, they need to be translated; you can do this yourself if you're willing to certify you speak English and French/Dutch well enough to do this (there are example statements for this elsewhere on this site, I think).

If you're using them as relationship evidence and bringing them to your interview, check with your embassy/consulate, but they usually accept documents in the local language (or languages, in a country like Belgium) as well as English.


2. You don't need to include copies of blank pages with the I-129F; you'll need to bring your actual passport with you to the interview.


3. It's not unusual; lots of people go through one hub or another within the Schengen area. As long he's got solid evidence (boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc.) that you got to the same place at the same time within the last two years, you're fine for USCIS.


4. Since it doesn't say, I'd think they want her current legal name.


5. The petitioner's birth certificate is not required; evidence of US citizenship is required. A copy of his passport bio page or his naturalization certificate is sufficient for this.


6. Education is not employment; don't include it in employment history. I'd probably list your summer job 4 times because there's no way to list 4 separate start and end dates (if you can't remember the exact dates, month and year is fine).

K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     Interview Date: 2019-09-25
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28
Interview date: 2019-02-14
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...