Lirpa

Getting a US tourist Visa while having pending petition of I-130

26 posts in this topic

She will need to disprove immigrant intent.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Lirpa said:

The removed bit is a clue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

She will need to disprove immigrant intent.

while still having a petition for immigrant intent.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have an i-130 spouse petition pending , i recently gave interview and got b1/b2 multiple entry visa.. 

I am no expert but from what all i learned from endless reading through forums...

1. the last thing you want to do is to file a support for her, since the more means she declares as supporting herself the more VO gets convinced about her ties back home. You filling for a letter of support for her actually might hurt the case as it shows if she decides not to return then someone will take care of her. My advise if and when asked on ds or in interview please declare self support. 

2. VO most likely wont ask to show any documents as mostly all VO's are trained to take decidion on basis of past travel history, criminal record, current status and THE INTERVIEW! PLEASE DECLARE EVERYTHING 100% ERROR FREE IN DS-160.  

3. while fillinf ds-160 please make sure to present an exact travel plan.. (remember you can make changes to the travel plan) but having a precise reason/purpose to travel and an exact plan shows VO that the person has ties back home so the had to plan the trip. 

Good luck !

Thank you for the advice and sharing your opinion. I appreciate it! 

So, my sister is 22 years old, work at  Greenwich as a cashier. She doesn't make enough money to support herself to come to the US. She didnt finish college either. She doesn't own any property.  She has a clean criminal record. She is been to hongkong once. She basically doesn't have any ties to come back to the Philippines.  That's what I'm actually scared of that she might get denied . 

The main reason that she want to come here in the US, I just gave birth, she wanted to visit me, my mom(live with me) and her nephew.

Question: 

1.She is thinking to finish her nursing degree, does it help she get a chance to get approved?

2. If the VO ask her how she'll be able to afford , can she says my sister help her? 

I feel like she has a low chance to get her Visa approve. 

3. Is it worth to hire an agency in the Philippines  to help process the tourist visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

1 Probably not bit sounds a good thing to do.

2. She can, seems reasonable.

3 No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Lirpa said:

Thank you for the advice and sharing your opinion. I appreciate it! 

So, my sister is 22 years old, work at  Greenwich as a cashier. She doesn't make enough money to support herself to come to the US. She didnt finish college either. She doesn't own any property.  She has a clean criminal record. She is been to hongkong once. She basically doesn't have any ties to come back to the Philippines.  That's what I'm actually scared of that she might get denied . 

The main reason that she want to come here in the US, I just gave birth, she wanted to visit me, my mom(live with me) and her nephew.

Question: 

1.She is thinking to finish her nursing degree, does it help she get a chance to get approved?

2. If the VO ask her how she'll be able to afford , can she says my sister help her? 

I feel like she has a low chance to get her Visa approve. 

3. Is it worth to hire an agency in the Philippines  to help process the tourist visa?

1. When/if  VO asks the question what do you do currently?

- before stating her job as a cashier i would say it would be nice to clearly mention that she is pursuing nursing 

2. The reply seems legit i think she should, whereas showing you as a sponsor clears the VO's doubt and makes it a reasonable grounds to rejection as then VO knows if she decides to not come back then you will take care of her financially .. (not a legal  expert or expert consular  advise.. just my own knowledge.. )

3. i am from India and out here immigration consultant industry is one of the top money lynching sectors fooling people out of their hard earned money. Your case is a 100% genuine and thus you have 100% genuine doubts and worries.. you are at the right place right now , use the knowladge of public forum to garner confidence and remember since usually no document is seen by VO's thus there is nothing any consultant can do and if the replies to VO's questions felt scripted i.e premeditated taught by consultants then that sure might lead to a rejection.. 

Conclusion , give a 100% honest attempt and hope for the best. don't over do over think and over prepare. No one can guarantee YES or NO but a proper honest attempt can guarantee no future trouble   

28 minutes ago, gbhj said:

1. When/if  VO asks the question what do you do currently?

- before stating her job as a cashier i would say it would be nice to clearly mention that she is pursuing nursing 

Not sure she is, sounds like she dropped out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.