Jump to content
Esya

Please help! Question about bank statements evidence!

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Credit card bank statements have only my husband's name on it. We also have a joint checking and savings account together and they have my name on statements, but we don't use our checking account that much, we use our credit card (I'm an authorized user and have the same card with my name on it) and then pay it off with our checking account. Should we start using our checking account more instead of the credit card or we can just keep using our credit card even though it only has my husband's name on the statements? Also, is it bad if we only opened it 7 months prior to I-751? Before that we just used my husband's card from a different bank. Please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Esya said:

Credit card bank statements have only my husband's name on it. We also have a joint checking and savings account together and they have my name on statements, but we don't use our checking account that much, we use our credit card (I'm an authorized user and have the same card with my name on it) and then pay it off with our checking account. Should we start using our checking account more instead of the credit card or we can just keep using our credit card even though it only has my husband's name on the statements? Also, is it bad if we only opened it 7 months prior to I-751? Before that we just used my husband's card from a different bank. Please help!

Identical cards (copied on one page) with your names are fair evidence.

First joint statement (labelled first added) and last statement before filing cover that period of time.

Some people use accounts more, some less but it helps if at least pay household bills from the joint bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nitas_man said:

Identical cards (copied on one page) with your names are fair evidence.

First joint statement (labelled first added) and last statement before filing cover that period of time.

Some people use accounts more, some less but it helps if at least pay household bills from the joint bank account.

Thank you so much! Do you think we should include an explanation letter on why we opened a joint account so late or I should do it only in case we get RFE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Esya said:

Thank you so much! Do you think we should include an explanation letter on why we opened a joint account so late or I should do it only in case we get RFE?

 

Sometimes it helps to have a summary timeline to go with the evidence.  If household business was being taken care of by both people from two different accounts addressed to the same place it is also indication that both of you were living in and contributing to the same household.  Depends on what the statements say.

Edited by Nitas_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

 

Sometimes it helps to have a summary timeline to go with the evidence.  If household business was being taken care of by both people from two different accounts addressed to the same place it is also indication that both of you were living in and contributing to the same household.  Depends on what the statements say.

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...