IdAuHunter

Scheduling Interview For Fiance and K2 Child

2 posts in this topic

My fiance received her letter from the Rio consulate. She completed the DS-160 for her and her daughter. We scheduled her interview for Sept 17th. 

We know an interview needs to be scheduled for both her and her 11 year old daughter. The visa scheduling site allows you to create a group application. So we only selected one date. Per the consulate instructions her daughter doesn't need to attend the biometrics appointment since she is under 16 years old. 

However, I was just re-reading her consulate letter again and the wording makes it sound as if separate appointments need to be made for both her and her daughter. We created a group application and selected one interview date/time. 

Can someone confirm this is correct?

On a side note, the Rio consulate states petitioner attendance at the interview is encouraged but not required. We feel we have a rock solid case. Multiple in person visits, extensive evidence, both of us have good careers and degrees. There will be significant post wedding expenses and we just met again for 2 weeks last month. We don't want to risk a denial, but don't want to spend money unnecessarily.  

I think I'm mostly looking for a little reassurance. Seems like we can all relate to how stressful this process can be. The instructions can be convoluted and ambiguous at times. I think it's given us a case of acute paranoia at this point. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, IdAuHunter said:

My fiance received her letter from the Rio consulate. She completed the DS-160 for her and her daughter. We scheduled her interview for Sept 17th. 

We know an interview needs to be scheduled for both her and her 11 year old daughter. The visa scheduling site allows you to create a group application. So we only selected one date. Per the consulate instructions her daughter doesn't need to attend the biometrics appointment since she is under 16 years old. 

However, I was just re-reading her consulate letter again and the wording makes it sound as if separate appointments need to be made for both her and her daughter. We created a group application and selected one interview date/time. 

Can someone confirm this is correct?

On a side note, the Rio consulate states petitioner attendance at the interview is encouraged but not required. We feel we have a rock solid case. Multiple in person visits, extensive evidence, both of us have good careers and degrees. There will be significant post wedding expenses and we just met again for 2 weeks last month. We don't want to risk a denial, but don't want to spend money unnecessarily.  

I think I'm mostly looking for a little reassurance. Seems like we can all relate to how stressful this process can be. The instructions can be convoluted and ambiguous at times. I think it's given us a case of acute paranoia at this point. 

Did you schedule the interview for the Immigrant Visa Unit or th Non-immigrant Visa Unit ?     Being you mentioned "group", I am guessing you scheduled with the Non-Immigrant.

As for scheduling online, with the Immigrant Visa Unit .. when scheduling the K-1 at the end it will ask if you want to schedule another, this is when you schedule the K-2

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.