Esya

Travelling for long periods before sending I-751! What are my chances?

4 posts in this topic

Please, help me! We got married in June 2017 and we lived with my husband's grandparents for like a year before I went back to my country for almost 6 months because I needed to take care of my mom after her surgery. When I came back we moved out in November 2019 and started to rent an apartment. We used his bank account for all the things we needed to buy and only opened a joint bank account in May 2019. Now I want to visit my mom for 2 months before I start college. We need to send I-751 in December and I don't know if it's gonna look bad that I traveled  twice and for such long periods and also that we only opened a bank account so late? Should I just not travel right now since I was already out of the country for 6 months last year or it won't matter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Esya said:

Please, help me! We got married in June 2017 and we lived with my husband's grandparents for like a year before I went back to my country for almost 6 months because I needed to take care of my mom after her surgery. When I came back we moved out in November 2019 and started to rent an apartment. We used his bank account for all the things we needed to buy and only opened a joint bank account in May 2019. Now I want to visit my mom for 2 months before I start college. We need to send I-751 in December and I don't know if it's gonna look bad that I traveled  twice and for such long periods and also that we only opened a bank account so late? Should I just not travel right now since I was already out of the country for 6 months last year or it won't matter?

From a person I know, she came back to her country twice and stayed there for 4 - 5 months each time, she got approved without any problem. The only thing I see in your case is that there might be lack of evidence. 

16 minutes ago, Vicent Ha said:

From a person I know, she came back to her country twice and stayed there for 4 - 5 months each time, she got approved without any problem. The only thing I see in your case is that there might be lack of evidence. 

Thank you so much! We also have joint health insurance, life insurance, home insurance, IRS tax return transcripts showing status 'married filing joint', our photos and screenshots of our conversations/calls, joint phone and internet bills, mail showing both of our names or our names separately to the same address, his driver's license and my state ID showing the same address, is that still not gonna be enough? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.