Laila Salinas

Just received NOA2😊

10 posts in this topic

Hi, We just received our NOA2 after 10 mos of waiting. I am anxious to be with my husband already since we have a one yr old daughter and it's really hard being on LDR with a baby mumbling "papa,papa" it kinda breaks my heart. Anyone who recently got approved or scheduled for interview? How long does it usually take from NOA2 to interview sched? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

After No2, uscis will send ur approved petition to nvc. When nvc receive ur file, they will assign u a case number and email u to start processing, ie, paying fees and submitting requested documents. After everything is done, nvc review ur case and if everything is done correctly, ur petition will be approved for interview. Scheduling of interview depends entirely on ur country embassy. K1 visas schedule their own interview whiles nvc schedule cr1/ir1 when their is an opening slots.

mine took 7 weeks before interview appointment was scheduled.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Laila Salinas said:

Hi, We just received our NOA2 after 10 mos of waiting. I am anxious to be with my husband already since we have a one yr old daughter and it's really hard being on LDR with a baby mumbling "papa,papa" it kinda breaks my heart. Anyone who recently got approved or scheduled for interview? How long does it usually take from NOA2 to interview sched? Thank you!

As noted next on the list is NVC, plan on a couple more months of processing there.

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

TAX TRANSCRIPTS:  

Certified tax transcripts may be ordered by using Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 4506-T available at www.irs.gov or 
calling 1-800-829-1040.

Once you are CC (Case Complete) NVC will next get your interview scheduled and  notify you.   Then the process at the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Laila Salinas said:

We are on Ir1 visa. Btw

Process is the same.

Only difference is when you arrive in the USA you will receive a 10 year green card instead of a conditional green card.

CRBA is completed with your daughter and she has her U.S. passport?    Does she have her Philippine passport as well?  If not get it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Laila Salinas said:

Yes. CRBA is completed with daughter and she has her US and Philippines passport already. 

Excellent!  :thumbs: 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Laila Salinas said:

How many months does it usually take for them to schedule the visa interview after NOA 2? I mean average

After your NOA2 from USCIS your case file goes to NVC.   The processing there along can be a couple months.   Details in the links I gave you earlier.

How quick you get your interview scheduled after NVC is done with your processing partly depends on how busy the scheduling is with the embassy.

Nice thing is, once your CEAC status is at READY after the case file is shipped from NVC  you can reschedule to an earlier date if there are openings.   <  Info on this is within the bottom link I gave you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.