TheLedgerFiles

Received email:U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice

13 posts in this topic

I’m hoping  for some help. My fiancé had his interview over a month ago, was told he was approved but received DS-5535. He immediately filled out and sent back to Montreal consulate.

We have been checking CEAC and it recently changed to “nonimmigrant” ready, then just after to AP. 

He just received this email and then another email with another request for ds5535. Any chance it’s a mistake and his it’s his visa they are mailing back? CEAC still says Administrative Processing.

thank you for any help 

8FB36D52-4349-48DB-8060-1E1363126C62.jpeg

Looks to me they are mailing your visa. Does ceac say issued?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like the passport is being sent back but the visa hasn’t been issued. Try calling the Montreal consulate and see what’s going on. Maybe they didn’t receive the first DS5535? Did he get confirmation that they received it? Not sure why they would send you another form to fill out. Calling today would probably give you guys a peace of mind.

Edited by LOve17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

He did receive a confirmation after he sent  ds5535

Sounds like there may be some misunderstanding. Definitely give them a call and let us know what happens. Best of luck to you and your fiance.

46 minutes ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

He did receive a confirmation after he sent  ds5535

Was he born in a country other than Canada?

Update: It was just his passport and a yellow form 221(g) and had selected that were still in AP. We will most likely just resend DS5535 and resume since he had gotten the email request.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, TheLedgerFiles said:

Update: It was just his passport and a yellow form 221(g) and had selected that were still in AP. We will most likely just resend DS5535 and resume since he had gotten the email request.

Did you find out why you were asked to resend DS-5535? I was also asked the same and desperately trying to figure it out.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, TheLedgerFiles said:

Nope, he was born in Canada. 

To parents from a MENA country, or Pakistan?

2 hours ago, JoeySantino said:

Did you find out why you were asked to resend DS-5535? I was also asked the same and desperately trying to figure it out.

I’m guessing they didn’t get it the first time, the second time they requested it we got an actual email from a person letting us know they received the form. They did not do that the first time, just a generic “we will get back to you in 6-8 weeks”

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

To parents from a MENA country, or Pakistan?

Both his parents born in Canada. 

1 hour ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

I’m guessing they didn’t get it the first time, the second time they requested it we got an actual email from a person letting us know they received the form. They did not do that the first time, just a generic “we will get back to you in 6-8 weeks”

Both his parents born in Canada. 

Strange to even get the 5535 in that case.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.