Jump to content
patis

My fiance needs to finish school before coming on a K-1. What is the best way to know when to submit the application?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My fiance is coming from Tunisia. I have seen estimated dates ranging from as long as 270 days, to as short as 7 months. How do I submit the application so that she will be finished with school, but so we don't have to wait more than needed. Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, patis said:

My fiance is coming from Tunisia. I have seen estimated dates ranging from as long as 270 days, to as short as 7 months. How do I submit the application so that she will be finished with school, but so we don't have to wait more than needed. Thanks!!!

Submit the petition.   Upon approval you can manage when the interview will be somewhat, plus the visa will be valid for approximately 6 months after issuance (based on the medical exam date)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to slow things down and very difficult to impossible to speed things up, so as soon as you've got all the documentation you need, understand the process from end to end, and are comfortable with filing, you should do it.


K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     Interview Date: 2019-09-25
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28
Interview date: 2019-02-14
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Submit the petition.   Upon approval you can manage when the interview will be somewhat, plus the visa will be valid for approximately 6 months after issuance (based on the medical exam date)

So from what your saying if it magically got approved in 5 months, we would still have a 6 month buffer zone where she could finish out her year?

 

I forgot to mention that her graduation is around June. So If we submitted it now I think we would be okay.

Edited by patis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, patis said:

So from what your saying if it magically got approved in 5 months, we would still have a 6 month buffer zone where she could finish out her year?

 

I forgot to mention that her graduation is around June. So If we submitted it now I think we would be okay.

If you submit now,  you are looking at Feb or March at the earliest for the interview.  You can slow it down for sure,.  Even if you did a march interview and assuming the medical was in March as well, she would have until September to enter


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

If you submit now,  you are looking at Feb or March at the earliest for the interview.  You can slow it down for sure,.  Even if you did a march interview and assuming the medical was in March as well, she would have until September to enter

Thanks for this! We are looking at when to apply as I want to be there September next year. I graduate June next year and want a little time before I leave.. So I guess I should apply now too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Thanks for this! We are looking at when to apply as I want to be there September next year. I graduate June next year and want a little time before I leave.. So I guess I should apply now too!

Probably should 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...