Seraya-Karl

Complete I-130 while in the USA?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The IV unit for Philippines IS, in Manila, and many others are in Capital cities associated with Embassies.  Each Embassy has a Consulate.  No country has more than one US Embassy but many countries have several Consulates..  Currently, no country has more than one IV unit and some countries have none.  Iran has neither a US Embassy or Consulate.

I am very aware of how embassy and consulates are set up...       you have an actual point to this

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I am very aware of how embassy and consulates are set up...       you have an actual point to this

It's always helpful to use the correct terminology, and I often see people confused when we don't.  When we say "Embassy" people who know Embassies are only in Capital cities, will be thinking they will have their interview in the Capital City, but for China, India, Canada and others, that misleads them.  So, my point is that to avoid confusing people, we should say Consulate, OR even Consular Immigrant Visa Unit instead of Embassy.  We're here to help people, not confuse them.  Correct terminology is critical to that end, IMO.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.