laylalex

To Learn About the Far Right, Start With the ‘Manosphere’

215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I think I see more entitlement in the young and the rich (more so than old.  Now old & rich, sure.)

Entitlement stems from personal philosophy (liberalism), not age. You see it more in the young because they are part of the social media generation, and are able to be more in your face. (Bernie isn't an exception, he just has social media savvy handlers)

You do see a lot of elderly demanding "free health care." They're panicking because they realize now that they were lazy and unmotivated while they were young, and now want the rest of us to fund what they should have been setting aside earlier in their lives. Selfish, the whole lot of them.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

28 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I think I see more entitlement in the young and the rich (more so than old.  Now old & rich, sure.)

But more so among the young.  I recall a heated discussion I once had with a former co-worker, considerably younger than myself female.  We had been friends in the past.  But no more.  Why?

She was an avid Bernie fan, and was adamant that free college was a great thing.  I asked her where the money would come from, and the general response was "the government", but couldn't get her to understand that the government is funded on taxes, and it would cost us all.  Her favorite come back was "your generation ruined everything for my generation".  

Now bear in mind, said young lass had served in the military, and had a GI Bill.  But she was angry because it didn't pay for all the schooling she wanted to take.  She was going to have to pay for some of it out of her own pocket, and was angry about that.  So... she quit going to school.  Solved her own problem in her own way.

And unfriended me. I was the old white guy who didn't support her beliefs. And ruined America for her generation.  *SMH*

On and on I see many older people often rant about welfare and using the safety net. So I ask, do you want the safety net of your SSA benefits to stop even though future generations may not ever see the same benefits after paying so much in taxes? There will be a lot of bluster and sometimes I even got a ''I don't care about the younger generation paying in, I only care about me". Some often rant about socialized medicine and free healthcare, and that youngins' want everything free - whelp, I know Medicare isn't 'free' 100% per say, but it got my mom through her cancer without her paying a dime. And my dad? I'm not going to go into what happened to him but let's just say Medicare paid out 100s of thousands of dollars. So far he's only paid for $125 ambo ride. I hope the older generation appreciates that the younger generation is still paying into a system that helps support them, even though it will likely be all gone by the time we are old.

I've also found many old Bernie supporters too.

And a further thought after considering all the panic about the new immigration rules. LPRs pay taxes too. That money is going into the pot to fund entitlements they are now not supposed to use or will never use.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

6 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

The money for free college could come from cutting down military spending. The young kids aren't asking for free money to buy cars or do drugs. They are asking for money to make them more qualified to earn more and in turn pay more taxes. 

Having a well funded technically superior military is not a bad thing. 

There are people who have no place being in higher education to falsely prop up that dream by providing free education is ludicrous. My daughter has a masters in social work, a 140k education with an average salary of 45k. My plumber son, makes 90k, no education, would the added education make him a better plumber? 

Work ethic and attitude is equally necessary to be successful. I am not anti-education but not evetone is suited for upper educatiom

1 minute ago, yuna628 said:

On and on I see many older people often rant about welfare and using the safety net. So I ask, do you want the safety net of your SSA benefits to stop even though future generations may not ever see the same benefits after paying so much in taxes? There will be a lot of bluster and sometimes I even got a ''I don't care about the younger generation paying in, I only care about me". Some often rant about socialized medicine and free healthcare, and that youngins' want everything free - whelp, I know Medicare isn't 'free' 100% per say, but it got my mom through her cancer without her paying a dime. And my dad? I'm not going to go into what happened to him but let's just say Medicare paid out 100s of thousands of dollars. So far he's only paid for $125 ambo ride. I hope the older generation appreciates that the younger generation is still paying into a system that helps support them, even though it will likely be all gone by the time we are old.

I've also found many old Bernie supporters too.

Yeah the baby boomer and the early GenX generation voted for themselves a sweetheart deal with the SSA. I have seen incredible inter generational animosity from the older generation to the younger generation. The baby boomer generation inherited a great economy and every generation after that have been worse off than the generation before. 

2 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

Yeah the baby boomer and the early GenX generation voted for themselves a sweetheart deal with the SSA. I have seen incredible inter generational animosity from the older generation to the younger generation. The baby boomer generation inherited a great economy and every generation after that have been worse off than the generation before. 

And look I get it. Once a person is given something, they will rely upon it, and often our elderly generation does rely upon it heavily. When my dad quit working, he was content to collect his monthly check, and do nothing else.. (not like he ever planned or saved or had a pension) all the while draining funds from his children's bank accounts. We help him out, because he's dad afterall... but it reaches a point where it can be hard on us too. But he once literally told me ''I don't care.. I'll be dead by then..."

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 minute ago, Randyandyuni said:

Having a well funded technically superior military is not a bad thing. 

There are people who have no place being in higher education to falsely prop up that dream by providing free education is ludicrous. My daughter has a masters in social work, a 140k education with an average salary of 45k. My plumber son, makes 90k, no education, would the added education make him a better plumber? 

Work ethic and attitude is equally necessary to be successful. I am not anti-education but not evetone is suited for upper educatiom

Then remove liberal arts degrees from universities or make exceptions so that only STEM degrees have free college funding. The military Industrial Complex is incredibly wasteful and over funded.  Work Ethic and attitude does not matter anymore when the elderly bosses would rather hire a 4 dollar an hour illegal immigrant than hire a young US citizen a fair wage. Have heard plenty of stories where the owners of restaurants my wife worked for voted for Trump but still took advantage of Illegal immigrant workers than pay a US citizen the 7 dollar an hour minimum wage. 

2 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

The SSA was instituted in 1935. .. predates both your example. You great economy encompassed the fruits of 3 wars which by their nature stimulate the economy.

Would you pay 18% on a home loan? That was the benefit i received in 1983 for the booming economy

Just now, yuna628 said:

And look I get it. Once a person is given something, they will rely upon it, and often our elderly generation does rely upon it heavily. When my dad quit working, he was content to collect his monthly check, and do nothing else.. (not like he ever planned or saved or had a pension) all the while draining funds from his children's bank accounts. We help him out, because he's dad afterall... but it reaches a point where it can be hard on us too. But he once literally told me ''I don't care.. I'll be dead by then..."

Yes First world boomer parent problems. This type of mentality from the parents of third world countries is unheard of. They would do everything in their power to give their kids a better future because they see their kids as their own flesh and blood. A physical and spiritual extension of their DNA. The spirit and essence of the Baby Boomer era is perfectly captured in the billboard and TV ads of the new Mustang GT350 flat plane V8. 

billboard-ad-for-the-new-shelby-gt350r-says-your-car-is-more-important-than-your-kids-98413_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

Then remove liberal arts degrees from universities or make exceptions so that only STEM degrees have free college funding. The military Industrial Complex is incredibly wasteful and over funded.  Work Ethic and attitude does not matter anymore when the elderly bosses would rather hire a 4 dollar an hour illegal immigrant than hire a young US citizen a fair wage. Have heard plenty of stories where the owners of restaurants my wife worked for voted for Trump but still took advantage of Illegal immigrant workers than pay a US citizen the 7 dollar an hour minimum wage. 

You want the government to decide on who and what can be studied, laughable.

restaurants that have tip compensated employees are allowed to pay sub minimum wages, do i agree, no, but its legal

The SSA was instituted in 1935. .. predates both your example. You great economy encompassed the fruits of 3 wars which by their nature stimulate the economy.

Would you pay 18% on a home loan? That was the benefit i received in 1983 for the booming economy

Could have maintained the booming post war inherited economy if the baby boomers fought against shipping all manufacturing overseas and refrained from hiring cheap illegal labor. 

3 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

Yes First world boomer parent problems. This type of mentality from the parents of third world countries is unheard of. They would do everything in their power to give their kids a better future because they see their kids as their own flesh and blood. A physical and spiritual extension of their DNA. The spirit and essence of the Baby Boomer era is perfectly captured in the billboard and TV ads of the new Mustang GT350 flat plane V8. 

billboard-ad-for-the-new-shelby-gt350r-says-your-car-is-more-important-than-your-kids-98413_1.jpg

Do you understand sarcasm? Btw i paid for my own college and im a boomer. You would prefer all 3rd world items or just cherry pick the ones that support your thesis

1 minute ago, AnonIndia said:

Could have maintained the booming post war inherited economy if the baby boomers fought against shipping all manufacturing overseas and refrained from hiring cheap illegal labor. 

You realize the group in power through the 80s were not the boomers right?

Do you understand sarcasm? Btw i paid for my own college and im a boomer. You would prefer all 3rd world items or just cherry pick the ones that support your thesis

It is not possible to pay for your own college anymore in the 21st century. The price of college for even useless degrees have ballooned. Out of high school unskilled labor market is dominated by cheap undocumented labor. There is no easy pathway to pay for your own college. I agree that trade jobs are superior to colleges now no matter how you look at it but long term security of those jobs are not good because cheap labor for those trade jobs keep pouring in through undocumented immigration.  

3 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

You realize the group in power through the 80s were not the boomers right?

Baby boomer generation are people born from 1946 – 1964. They were in political power in the 80s and a huge voting block as well. 

10 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

You want the government to decide on who and what can be studied, laughable.

restaurants that have tip compensated employees are allowed to pay sub minimum wages, do i agree, no, but its legal

Still did not address old Trump supporting restaurant owners hiring illegal immigrant cooks, waiters, bus boys, janitors instead of young millennials. 

1 minute ago, AnonIndia said:

It is not possible to pay for your own college anymore in the 21st century. The price of college for even useless degrees have ballooned. Out of high school unskilled labor market is dominated by cheap undocumented labor. There is no easy pathway to pay for your own college. I agree that trade jobs are superior to colleges now no matter how you look at it but long term security of those jobs are not good because cheap labor for those trade jobs keep pouring in through undocumented immigration.  

Baby boomer generation are people born from 1946 – 1964. They were in political power in the 80s and a huge voting block as well. 

I paid for college by joining the military, that option still exists today.

in the mid 80s a boomer would have been barely 40 not quite the power age group