d.alex

Medical exam results won't be ready before interview

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My fiancee and I were contacted on August 7th informing us that her interview (in La Paz, Bolivia) would be on August 28th. As soon as we found out, she set her medical exam appointment for August 12th. The problem is, the clinic told us that it usually takes 3 before the results are given to the consulate. This means they likely won't be there before the scheduled interview time, especially because all paperwork is supposed to be submitted 5 days ahead of time.

We're waiting to hear back from the consulate on whether she can still have her interview even if the results aren't there in time. But while we wait, we're very worried that the interview will need to be rescheduled, and because of that, the K1 application approval will expire. Is it possible to extend the approval time? Especially if the only hold up is waiting for all the paperwork to arrive.

Thanks for any advice anyone might have

The embassy/ consulate can extend the validity of the petition up to a year -four months at a time-.

If the medical results are not ready at the time of the interview, the decision is delayed until they receive them. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sounds like a long wait for records to get to the consulate. Usually as long as medical is done 7 days before, you are good, maybe there is another clinic that is authorized to do the medical. My fiancee at the time had a choice of 4, a few clinics, and a hospital, and we went with the one that would have results the next day, and it was the same cost, so maybe try a different clinic/hospital.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, d.alex said:

Hi all,

My fiancee and I were contacted on August 7th informing us that her interview (in La Paz, Bolivia) would be on August 28th. As soon as we found out, she set her medical exam appointment for August 12th. The problem is, the clinic told us that it usually takes 3 before the results are given to the consulate. This means they likely won't be there before the scheduled interview time, especially because all paperwork is supposed to be submitted 5 days ahead of time.

We're waiting to hear back from the consulate on whether she can still have her interview even if the results aren't there in time. But while we wait, we're very worried that the interview will need to be rescheduled, and because of that, the K1 application approval will expire. Is it possible to extend the approval time? Especially if the only hold up is waiting for all the paperwork to arrive.

Thanks for any advice anyone might have

They usually interview on schedule then delay approval until the medical arrives

3 weeks is ridiculous.  What do they do - pack mule the results out?

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, d.alex said:

It seems like a long wait to me too, but this was the only clinic they listed. I'll do some research on my own, and see if there's any other certified ones she could go to instead.

Bolivia only one 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.