laylalex

SoulCycle hit with Bay Area-fueled backlash over chairman’s Trump fundraiser: ‘A lot of women are going to be outraged’

55 posts in this topic

I decided to put my money where my mouth is and have cancelled my Equinox membership -- that's $300 back in my pocket every month! I occasionally go to SoulCycle classes too, scratch that off the list. There are so many other gyms around here that cost less -- I just got used to going there because I used to go to the one in Pasadena. I figure if people were outraged by Target having gender neutral kids' toys aisles and adopting a transgender friendly bathroom policy and stopped shopping there, I could stop going to a fancy gym!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/07/soul-cycle-hit-with-bay-area-fueled-backlash-over-chairmans-trump-fundraiser-a-lot-of-women-are-going-to-be-outraged/

1 minute ago, Bettie Page said:

Case of an executive not knowing his brand at all - too bad about about Soul Cycle, I used it in the past and got into kick-### shape but pilates and pole workouts also do the trick

Pilates is awesome! I went to classes at Equinox so that's another thing I'll have to look for in a gym, or maybe I'll find a local studio. 

Absolutely right he didn't know his brand very well. I mean, there are definitely Trump supporters who go to Equinox gyms but I think (and I am basing this only on my personal observations!) that the average user out here is likely to be a left-leaning or centrist or apolitical woman. And when you have very high-profile customers, and court those customers, you shouldn't be surprised when those same customers are loud when they disagree with the company, its policies or its executives/directors.

Timeline

Equinox is the epicenter of narcissism, so whether they know it or not, there are probably some Trump affinities. 

Soul Cycle is pretty coastal elite, female founded business. You also have to really commit, not just sit on the equipment texting your friends. Based on the average Trump rally, if they are members, they don't go too often.

A lot of people don't work "regular" hours, or they make time to fit in gym visits before or after work. I mean, my ex is a member of Equinox (I think he still is) and he's been to a couple of Trump rallies, and he would tell you EXACTLY how hard he works to keep his ex-wife comfortable. 🙄 Pretty sure he's going to renew his membership early off the back of this news. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bettie Page said:

Equinox is the epicenter of narcissism, so whether they know it or not, there are probably some Trump affinities. 

Soul Cycle is pretty coastal elite, female founded business. You also have to really commit, not just sit on the equipment texting your friends. Based on the average Trump rally, if they are members, they don't go too often.

So only Right leaning folks are narcissists?  Don’t know about either of these places, but if people are paying hundreds of dollars a month to sweat, maybe they all have some narcissistic tendencies.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Would you base your health care on political beliefs also?

Say the best 5 cardiologists supported whomever you disagreed you politically? You would make a conscious decision to see an inferior doctor so salve your feelings.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So only Right leaning folks are narcissists?  Don’t know about either of these places, but if people are paying hundreds of dollars a month to sweat, maybe they all have some narcissistic tendencies.

Right leaning ≠ Trump, who is the classic narcissist. I don't if this was a fundraiser for say, Ben Sasse, there would be a kerfuffle 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bettie Page said:

Right leaning ≠ Trump, who is the classic narcissist. I don't if this was a fundraiser for say, Ben Sasse, there would be a kerfuffle 

Pretty much anyone that seeks that high of office now days is a narcissist.  Presidents Obama, Clinton, and Bush were total narcissists.  They may have had different styles, but you don’t go to the WH without thinking highly of oneself.

13 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I don't know -- I mean, I've been a member for a while now, and I don't think I'm a narcissist. I just happened to like going there because it was a welcoming gym environment for a woman, and admittedly it was luxurious for a gym. I can/could afford it, so I paid for it. And now I am taking my money and spending it elsewhere. :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I don't know -- I mean, I've been a member for a while now, and I don't think I'm a narcissist. I just happened to like going there because it was a welcoming gym environment for a woman, and admittedly it was luxurious for a gym. I can/could afford it, so I paid for it. And now I am taking my money and spending it elsewhere. :) 

I find running up and down the hills with my Lab Dasha is very good for sweating, and doesn’t cost anything.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Pretty much anyone that seeks that high of office now days is a narcissist.  Presidents Obama, Clinton, and Bush were total narcissists.  They may have had different styles, but you don’t go to the WH without thinking highly of oneself.

Sure - but in the parlance of Scientology, Trump is Thetan level 8 on the narcissism scale. I'd but Clinton at a 5, Bush Jr at a 3 and Pappy Bush at a 1.

I mean GHWB was an actual war hero as opposed to a 5 time draft dodger and he talked about and promoted himself about 95% less than trump

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Which is entirely your choice, if enough women agree with you collectively you can deny a person who supports an inclusive gym and provides women with a safe clean gym,   the right to legally support whom he chooses or he decides to close his clean safe and welcoming gym and displaces a safe place for women.

Or I can choose to go to another woman-friendly gym that isn't so corporate and is owned locally. :) I like to buy American when it comes to things like clothing and furniture, and buy even more locally when it comes to things like food, going to the pharmacy, etc. There are many small business owners with gyms here and this a great chance for me to further support my own community.

Edited by laylalex
spelling (whoops)