Kimi31

CR1 - approved and moving forward

7 posts in this topic

Hi All

im the beneficiary living in the Nw UK and our I-130 was approved on 27/6 and sent to NVC on 30/7

so currently waiting for next steps, case number then the NVC 6 steps

ive ordered my Acro, I’m going to scan my documents ready for upload, and I’m trying currently to get my husband to request his tax return transcripts and locate the W2 needed

ive got my address history ready and visa history also

on the DS260 do I need to put ALL the times I’ve been in and out of the USA? 

ive mainly filled in the AOSupport and sent it to my husband to check and complete

we expedited at USCIS but now I need to have a surgery ( only gallbladder) so the foot is off the gas a little so to speak, but hopefully I should have that by October 

ive been through the CR1 process before but it was 1995 and it’s all changed ( same husband btw ☺️

looking for airline who will carry our Ry our Shih Tzu, and trying to get everything lined up on this side. 

Just thought id say hi 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:01 PM, Kimi31 said:

Hi All

im the beneficiary living in the Nw UK and our I-130 was approved on 27/6 and sent to NVC on 30/7

so currently waiting for next steps, case number then the NVC 6 steps

ive ordered my Acro, I’m going to scan my documents ready for upload, and I’m trying currently to get my husband to request his tax return transcripts and locate the W2 needed

ive got my address history ready and visa history also

on the DS260 do I need to put ALL the times I’ve been in and out of the USA? 

I think it says enter all times you’ve been there - in which case, enter ALL times 

ive mainly filled in the AOSupport and sent it to my husband to check and complete

we expedited at USCIS but now I need to have a surgery ( only gallbladder) so the foot is off the gas a little so to speak, but hopefully I should have that by October 

ive been through the CR1 process before but it was 1995 and it’s all changed ( same husband btw ☺️

looking for airline who will carry our Ry our Shih Tzu, and trying to get everything lined up on this side. 

I flew my dog with United in 2017 - I believe only United and Virgin fly there, though I may be wrong about that. Regardless, to fly a dog from UK to US, you HAVE to use a pet travel agent who arranges the flight and paperwork for you. Annoying, as when we flew back from US to UK, I could book directly with the airline, which was cheaper and I did all the paperwork myself, perfectly, so there were no hold-ups when we landed in London...whereas we had some issues in LA, due to the travel agent not completing the paperwork correctly. 

But either way, it’s not optional unfortunately - you can’t book directly with the airline flying from UK to US.

40 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Yeah but very few airlines fly Shih Tzu with being a flat faced breed. So even though an agent needs to do it, I don’t know if they can or the window of travel will be small.

So also looking at a cruise from Southampton to Ny 😉

queen mary 2 here we come 😂

1 hour ago, Kimi31 said:

Yeah but very few airlines fly Shih Tzu with being a flat faced breed. So even though an agent needs to do it, I don’t know if they can or the window of travel will be small.

Again, check with the pet travel agent - they’ll be able to advise you.

So also looking at a cruise from Southampton to Ny 😉

queen mary 2 here we come 😂

I was booked to travel with my dog on the QM2 in November, but he unfortunately passed away last month, so I’ve cancelled our tickets. Be warned, if you are thinking of travelling on the QM2, they only have 12 kennels (6 small and 6 big, though guessing a shih tzu could fit in either) and the kennels get booked up well in advance. I booked our kennel 18 months in advance. Possibly won’t take that long as you wouldn’t be limited to a big kennel, but I’m sure there’s still a wait. 

If you do decide to take that route and need to drive afterwards, there’s Hertz rental company within a mile of the Brooklyn cruise terminal and they accept dogs in their rentals - they’re also very well priced for one way trips.

8 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Thanks

if we go the QM2 route im sure I could convince my husband to drive up from Florida and then we can share the driving going back 

so sorry to hear about your Doggo 😞😞 

1 hour ago, Kimi31 said:

Thanks

if we go the QM2 route im sure I could convince my husband to drive up from Florida and then we can share the driving going back 

so sorry to hear about your Doggo 😞😞 

If you can, get your husband to fly over and do the cruise with you - it only cost an extra £200ish to add my fiancé on, as if you travel alone, you still pay for a 2 person cabin (unless you manage to get a single person cabin, but they are crazy fast booked up). Then you can spend the week together and treat it like a holiday - again, that’s what we had planned 🙁.

Just now, Zoeeeeeee said:

If you can, get your husband to fly over and do the cruise with you - it only cost an extra £200ish to add my fiancé on, as if you travel alone, you still pay for a 2 person cabin (unless you manage to get a single person cabin, but they are crazy fast booked up). Then you can spend the week together and treat it like a holiday - again, that’s what we had planned 🙁.

I’ll Have our 11yr old son with me ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.