Jump to content
Karim2018

I-864 Online @NVC?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys, @NVC stage waiting for them to confirm receipt of our file and was wondering if form I-864 can be filled online or should it be done offline, scan and upload, then send original to beneficiary , as she may be asked to show original at consulate/interview? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you will receive a bill for the I 864 and ds 260

when the site says the payment is received and paid,  you will have instructions to fill out the form online

your spouse will do the ds 260 online 

Casa may ask for the original /sometimes do/ sometimes don't

but be prepared and send her the original so you don't go into longer AP for needed documents

 

 

u did not put date of marriage on timeline but you sent CR1 in last december so assuming married in 2018 i hope you added her to your 2018 tax returns as Casa will expect to see this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

you will receive a bill for the I 864 and ds 260

when the site says the payment is received and paid,  you will have instructions to fill out the form online

your spouse will do the ds 260 online 

Casa may ask for the original /sometimes do/ sometimes don't

but be prepared and send her the original so you don't go into longer AP for needed documents

 

 

u did not put date of marriage on timeline but you sent CR1 in last december so assuming married in 2018 i hope you added her to your 2018 tax returns as Casa will expect to see this

 

Thanks M8! So if I file it online, I should print it before clicking on submit, so I can send her a copy of the original... Right? I filed my taxes as MFS, so yes her name is on my 2018 taxes. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Thanks M8! So if I file it online, I should print it before clicking on submit, so I can send her a copy of the original... Right? I filed my taxes as MFS, so yes her name is on my 2018 taxes. Cheers!

yes,  print it out before you submit it and send it to her with IRS transcript of the 2018 ( 2019 if interview after april 15th  2020)

be sure you keep a copy for your records

incha allah you will have success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes,  print it out before you submit it and send it to her with IRS transcript of the 2018 ( 2019 if interview after april 15th  2020)

be sure you keep a copy for your records

incha allah you will have success

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...