rYm

Immigrant Visa Appointment at US Consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa

5 posts in this topic

We were informed on Tuesday 30 July 2019 by NVC that our request for expedite was accepted by the US Consular General and that everything was sent to the US Consulate in Johannesburg.  We did a case status check and it said READY for interview. How long do we wait for the Consulate to get in touch with us about our interview date?

Thank you spinkycow for your response. We received an email from them this morning with instructions. We have completed the extra uploads they were asking form My only other questions is this - They have this request under their point number 9. Documentary proof of relationship between the beneficiary and petitioner. What all do they want for that?

Did you have to schedule your own interview appointment at the US Consulate in Johannesburg. We received an appointment confirmation letter with instructions on it as to what to load on CEAC and to  make sure we have our papers in order. They have a general email which they send out and on it they say - 

1.     SCHEDULE OR RE-SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:

We are no longer able to manually schedule interviews or follow up appointments at the Consulate.

You may schedule / reschedule your appointment through our online scheduling service.  Please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-za/iv/users/sign_in to create an account and / or choose a new appointment from the appointment calendar.  Please note that interview dates are subject to availability.  Additionally, availability for follow up appointments is limited.  We do not recommend rescheduling your NVC or KCC scheduled interview date if possible. 

I created an account on the link they gave and there is a section that allows you to pick a date, always on a Thursday. Am I to understand that I  have to schedule my own immigrant visa interview and schedule my medicals and just pitch up at the US Consulate on the date I picked?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.