Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OneHappyMamma

HELP- Household member AOS rejected

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello friends, please help me as I’m confused. We have submitted I-864 (my daughter) and added household member I-864A (my mother) as extra income cause we thought my daughters income wasn’t sufficient enough. Today I’ve received email that all documents were accepted and household member I-864A was rejected.  NVC responds saying we need to add my mother as joint sponsor, which is a new I-864 form. BUT, my question is if my daughter was accepted then do I need to submit extra joint sponsor or leave it empty? Should I call NVC? How do I know if everything is great and that it’s case complete? Please help if anyone has any similar issues , it’s giving me anxiety!! :( 

I am worried that if I submit new documents that I will have to wait another 3 weeks for them to review!! Ughhh Any help I get I would be grateful. 🙏🏼 

54D90A85-24FC-40DF-A098-FA5337645C01.jpeg

37959996-DDE4-48FF-9BAA-22EE55855445.png

Edited by OneHappyMamma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your daughter’s i864 seems to be accepted on the basis that you are gonna provide your mother’s i864 as a joint sponsor. Unless you daughter’s income is sufficient for based on poverty guidelines, i suggest you upload your mom’s i864 as a joint sponsor as NVC says. It will take a while for them to review for sure.


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they ask you to submit an I864 for your mother as a joint spouse, I would do it.

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, arken said:

Your daughter’s i864 seems to be accepted on the basis that you are gonna provide your mother’s i864 as a joint sponsor. Unless you daughter’s income is sufficient for based on poverty guidelines, i suggest you upload your mom’s i864 as a joint sponsor as NVC says. It will take a while for them to review for sure.

Thank you for replying! I was told to submit I-864A because they live in the same house and the petitioner is her granddaughter. Ughh I hate the wait! 

18 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

If they ask you to submit an I864 for your mother as a joint spouse, I would do it.

 

Good Luck!

Thank you for the reply! Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OneHappyMamma said:

Thank you for replying! I was told to submit I-864A because they live in the same house and the petitioner is her granddaughter. Ughh I hate the wait! 

 

It looks like the I-864a was rejected because they do not have

  1. proof of US citizenship for grandma
  2. proof that grandma and granddaughter live at the same address.

If they don't live at the same address, then combining income (I-864a) is not allowed so they are saying I -864 for grandma who appears (to them) as having a different address. 

 

By taking a household member off your daughter's I-864, her form is wrong. Her total household income will be your daughter's income alone. By moving grandmother to an I-864, she has to earn enough to sponsor on her own. If you need to combine incomes because neither qualifies on their own, then fix the reasons why I-864a was rejected. (Proof they live in the same house).

 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

It looks like the I-864a was rejected because they do not have

  1. proof of US citizenship for grandma
  2. proof that grandma and granddaughter live at the same address.

If they don't live at the same address, then combining income (I-864a) is not allowed so they are saying I -864 for grandma who appears (to them) as having a different address. 

 

By taking a household member off your daughter's I-864, her form is wrong. Her total household income will be your daughter's income alone. By moving grandmother to an I-864, she has to earn enough to sponsor on her own. If you need to combine incomes because neither qualifies on their own, then fix the reasons why I-864a was rejected. (Proof they live in the same house).

 

Thank you for replying! I’ve been on the phone for over an hour and they’ve told me  that grandmothers can’t be a household member. The grandmother is a US citizen and the tax transcripts prove they are living in the same house. They’ve asked me to remove grandmothers name as household and add her as a joint sponsor. 

This is frustrating because I can’t seem to delete her name so I can upload her as s joint sponsor?? Would you know how to go about this please? Much appreciated thanks 🙏🏼 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...