Mrs Ryan Carreras

US Petitioner Female adding child to I134

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hoping I am posting this in the correct place and if not could I get this moved to the right area of the forum please:

I will try to make this as brief as possible but I know to get the correct responses, I want to ensure I provide enough details and maybe help others as well.

So far we have been successful on the K1 Visa Process thanks to this forum.

Our time line is as followed:

I am the petitioner (female) and listed my 13 year old son on the I129F packet from a previous relationship and my son has always been a US Citizen as well as myself.

Ryan (applicant) was approved on June 19, 2019 for NOA 2.

Our packet has been received and we have been issued a NVC  number. 

This is the stage we are currently at in the process.

We will be having a child on August 29 of this year and to note that no expedite was requested.

Ryan and I will be at the interview stage (if all goes well) when she is born or shortly after.

He has requested his Police Certificate and scheduling his medical now.

We are awaiting a  packet to schedule his interview in London. 

I want to ensure I fill out the supporting documents correctly.

As the petitioner do I need to our new addition on the I 134 supporting document now or amend it at the interview stage? (yes, I am well above the 125 % guidelines and have all tax transcripts and employee letter) 

Do we take the BC to the interview or do a DNA test so there are no issues when he goes to his interview?

and 

He wants to be here for the birth and go back to do his interview. From reading the forums, I do understand he needs to provide evidence he is returning to the UK. Also, that he needs to show strong ties to his country and could be denied at POE.

He plans on staying three weeks than flying back to conduct his interview and of course returning if or/when approved.

I am aware it does not change or help at the interview but we have many visits and a fairly long journey.

My hope is that it does not cause us any delays in the process at this point.

Let me add to this as I have seen many want an expedite on pregnancy, and I do understand, but it does create additional burden and stress.

I can definitely attest to this.  

This was not planned and was told I could never have children again. I consider us so blessed but for anyone attempting to do this alone during this process, I definitely would not advice this.

This process has been very stressful to say the least.

The stress of the immigration process while being pregnant and doing this virtually alone (although hes been great support for me via long distance, it is still not the same as having him with me).

Ensuring I am well above guideline's while saving for his AOS is not for the weak of heart.

I am blessed to have a good job and healthcare but even then I have paid thousands in healthcare here in the US being high risk pregnancy.

I have a few weeks and praying he will be let through to the US for the birth and approved at the interview so we can finally be together as a family.

1. How do I add the new addition to the I134 and should I add her at the interview stage or wait to do the I 134 until after her birth?

2. What evidence would you advise Ryan to take or me to provide when travelling to be here with me during the birth of our daughter? 

Thanks to all of you on this forum.

If anyone has any insight or feedback on how to account for this change as the petitioner without causing delays, I welcome them.

Wishing all of you the best of luck on your journeys as well.

Sarah and Ryan

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

He can definitely try visiting you for the delivery. He will be visiting on ESTA i believe. He just need to be truthful at POE and hope they let him in. Nothing to prepare actually.

No need to update  your baby’s info on i134 unless already born. Once born you can provide new i134 with new baby’s info.

Your fiance can bring a copy of baby’s BC though not required but DNA testing is definitely not required.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
10 minutes ago, arken said:

He can definitely try visiting you for the delivery. He will be visiting on ESTA i believe. He just need to be truthful at POE and hope they let him in. Nothing to prepare actually.

No need to update  your baby’s info on i134 unless already born. Once born you can provide new i134 with new baby’s info.

Your fiance can bring a copy of baby’s BC though not required but DNA testing is definitely not required.

Yes, on Esta and of course truthful. 

Would never risk hurting our process and as much as we would love him to be here we no it’s not a guarantee. 

That was quick and painless. 

I assumed we needed much more. 

Thanks so much for the quick reply. 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

1. How do I add the new addition to the I134 and should I add her at the interview stage or wait to do the I 134 until after her birth?

2. What evidence would you advise Ryan to take or me to provide when travelling to be here with me during the birth of our daughter? 

Thanks to all of you on this forum.

If anyone has any insight or feedback on how to account for this change as the petitioner without causing delays, I welcome them.

The I-134 is pretty casual at a London interview. I wouldn't change anything. It is often not even discussed. You make enough anyway. 

When travelling, he can bring his interview confirmation email to show he is on the verge of having a visa and planning his proper immigration. And of course a return ticket. He can book his interview without having the letter from London. Has he gotten everything ready for the medical? Photos, police certificate, Heath summary, all shots? That needs to be first priority. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Has he gotten everything ready for the medical? Photos, police certificate, Heath summary, all shots? That needs to be first priority. 

@Wuozopo thanks for the information and yes. 

He has his medical summary, a list of his shots, his doctor signed off on his photo for the police report and then received the Acro yesterday. 

I have the the I34 done with 3 years tax scripts, and employer letter. 

Two new letters of intent for marriage just in case as well. 

DS 160 is done. 

Pretty sure we have everything for interview 

I didn’t know if I needed to redo the form for support though. A bit confused but that clarifies. Easy enough. 

So for travel I will send him the NOA2, He will have the rest such as his Proof of Interview Date, employee letter as he’s returning to work in UK until Visa is in hand, and proof of paying rent. 

I don’t want him to miss her birth. We both would be pretty devastated to say the least. 

Can you think of anything we are missing ? 

Sarah 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

He can book his interview without having the letter from London

We thought we had to wait on the packet. 

Mhmm.. I’ll mention that when he gets off work today. Thanks @Wuozopo  always a tremendous help here. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

So for travel I will send him the NOA2, He will have the rest such as his Proof of Interview Date, employee letter as he’s returning to work in UK until Visa is in hand, and proof of paying rent. 

Scan a copy. You need that NOA2 for your AOS, so don't make the mistake of sending it off in the mail and maybe lost. Keep the original safe In the US. 

30 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

We thought we had to wait on the packet. 

Mhmm.. I’ll mention that when he gets off work today. Thanks @Wuozopo  always a tremendous help here. 

Once his case arrives in London, at some point the interview website will open up for him. If it's too early, it won't allow him in. Try the next day. However, not knowing when he will be leaving to be there for the birth, how will he know what date he wants to interview? He can always pick an intervew date when he is there with you and knows what his schedule will be. I would be trying to get the medical done asap before he leaves. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

However, not knowing when he will be leaving to be there for the birth, how will he know what date he wants to interview?

He’s leaving the 21st of this month and returning the 11 of September back to UK. I will have him call on the medical appointment today than. Wonder if there’s any slots even left. Worth a try. 

Figured we would try to set the interview for when he gets back. Don’t they only open up at the end of month for the following month? 

Thanks @Wuozopo

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

He’s leaving the 21st of this month and returning the 11 of September back to UK. I will have him call on the medical appointment today than. Wonder if there’s any slots even left. Worth a try. 

Figured we would try to set the interview for when he gets back. Don’t they only open up at the end of month for the following month? 

Thanks @Wuozopo

So you know exactly when the baby's coming? What if it comes early or a couple of weeks late?

The medical folks will ask his LND number when he calls to book. Have you gotten that from NVC and asked for email confirmation? They will want to see it in written form at his medical appointment. If you get that, he doesn't need the physical letter from the embassy for anything. 

You need to ask further questions in the U.K. forum where people who have just booked medicals and interviews can help. Zoeeee knows a lot about that. She was delaying and waiting for September interviews  to open. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

So you know exactly when the baby's coming? What if it comes early or a couple of weeks late?

Well I am scheduled for my c section that day but never know as I could go early but not late. 

Yes @Zoeeeeeee is pretty amazing.  She’s been super helpful.  I’ll ask her on that.

No email from the NVC but called and received my case number a week ago. 

Ill have to keep checking our emails than for that. 

Think I got it and will ask the rest in our forum. 

I’d like him here by the time I’m back to work if possible. It would be nice to have him here sooner than later but does not have to be. We can wait until than if need be. 

Cheers @Wuozopo

And thanks so much 🙏

Soooo, re medicals, they’ll likely have slots available next week. 

I’d recommend doing similar as to what I’ve done - had the medical last week and am planning to have my interview the day after I get back from the US (10th or 11th September, can’t remember) - unfortunately September interview dates aren’t up yet. Makes sense to do it straight after getting back, as presumably he’ll be flying into London, so might as well get it done while you’re there.

Re gaining entry when visiting you, I think he’ll be ok - for me, every time I’ve visited there, I make a point of telling them I have a K1 in progress - even better if you can tell them “and my interview’s on xxxx date” - I think the fact that you’re going through the process, paid the fees etc, means you’d be less likely to illegally stay - it shows you’re doing it the legal way. So yeah, I’ve never had any problems and last time the guy at passport control actually wished me good luck with my K1 journey 🙃.

So, depending on when he’s planning on moving - if it’s in 2019, I’d recommend getting the medical ASAP - and then booking his interview for soon after he returns in September - as if he interviews in September, you want to do the medical soonish, so you have time for it to get to the embassy and time in case there’s any hiccups.

EDIT: Just seen that you’ve not got your email/letter yet - in which case, wait until either arrives and then get a medical the week after. It’d be great if he can have it before he goes to visit you, but not the end of the world either way.

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

Timeline

Ahh. Ok. 

Thank A million @Zoeeeeeee and for the detail as that’s a huge weight off my shoulders. 

Makes complete sense.

He just now got off of work and I provided him a link here so Ryan can read this as well.

We where both getting a bit confused on the next steps. 

You both are amazing ! 

Sarah 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.