rabeeyeah

LPR filing for husband

68 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

OP has been on the boards since her last reply, presumably reading but not replying.  Has not heard what she wants to hear, or maybe is just taking time to digest all the information. I guess , she also needs to make sure her husband is on board with possibility (becoming increasingly likely the longer she stays there) that they do not move to the US after all. 

Yeah, I actually am tryna digest and process all this information because I was completely unaware of it. And we're tryna figure out what to do now since we don't plan on living in Pakistan after our residency ends. Maybe we'll just plan to move elsewhere.

Thanks for help.

1 hour ago, saladboye said:

I can understand it from a personal responsibility point of view. 

But when you account in lost opportunity cost such as being able to earn much higher income in states, career path, appreciating property if you do invest in a home etc.. 

The cost of breaking and dealing with the contract is peanuts compared to roughing it out for a 2 years in US.

My wife did the same thing and refused to apply for tourist visa as a family with her parents and sister. Her reasoning being money and her requiring 3 months notice.

And it was a wasted effort in explaining that if she did come here 5 months in a year, the advantage of networking, learning the way of life and adjusting is too good of an opportunity. We could travel while I opt for work from home. She can visit extended family here. She can ask questions to people in her same career field. Learn to drive. Learn about credit.

Worst is she is still gonna take the same time to do all the above after she comes, meaning wasting another 6-9 months till she gets acclimated or more if cannot find a job. With the added bonus of stressing out for finding a job asap to help out.

My wife worked in Qatar under a contract as well for 4 years and was due to go back there after her yearly leave was up. We talked it over and she understood that she made good money over in Qatar but we could spend more time together if she stayed home and us file for the K1 at a later date. She ultimately choose not to go back and overall she was happy with her decision. 

3 hours ago, rabeeyeah said:

Yeah, I actually am tryna digest and process all this information because I was completely unaware of it. And we're tryna figure out what to do now since we don't plan on living in Pakistan after our residency ends. Maybe we'll just plan to move elsewhere.

Thanks for help.

You’re both doctors presumably? I understand Canada should be pretty easy to get into. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

You’re both doctors presumably? I understand Canada should be pretty easy to get into. 

But very hard to work as a doctor if trained abroad. Much more difficult than US to get an IMG residency position.

7 minutes ago, ADW & JOP said:

But very hard to work as a doctor if trained abroad. Much more difficult than US to get an IMG residency position.

Really? I know a number of doctors from my home country who have moved to Canada, so I presumed it was fairly easy. And I don’t know if they still do this, but it used to be really easy to get permanent residency if you commit to I think 4 years out in the rural hospitals no-one else wants to be at. My cousin did those years somewhere in Saskatchewan at a small hospital that had 6 doctors, none of which were Canadian. He’s now been in Toronto for years.

anyway, something for OP to investigate if/when the US is no longer an option but they still want to move.  

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Doctors? That's a twist that I didn't see coming. Yeah, I guess your life options might be broader than your immigration options.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sixteen objectively excellent posts have had to be removed for going off the OP's topic.

Please allow the OP to digest what she's been told, then restrict replies to any of her follow-up questions.

The discussion that has been removed would fit very well in the Current Events forum (if a corresponding current event can be connected with it), or in the Off Topic forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.