33 posts in this topic

File the K2 you can easily adopt him once he arrives, Each state is different but Ohio takes 3-4 months to execute start to finish 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

File the K2 you can easily adopt him once he arrives, Each state is different but Ohio takes 3-4 months to execute start to finish 

The OP has to fix the doctored birth certificate first.  God I love VJ! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

The OP has to fix the doctored birth certificate first.  God I love VJ! 

Ahh I missed that, I thought he was suggesting that as opposed to did it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Ahh I missed that, I thought he was suggesting that as opposed to did it

It was not completely clear, but this seemed to indicate they moved forward with the BC scheme.

"on the i-129 i put the child down with her moms surname before we got the new birth cert with my name on it."

Where is @missileman, another one for the book.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am going to give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume he truly didn't know what he was doing and didn't clearly know the process. That's one of the reasons this site is so valuable. He hasn't come back to clarify anything and has left a lot of speculation, assumptions and possible false accusations, etc.

I don't see the point in belaboring this issue with a barrage of the same replies. 

This whole process is stressful enough without having people badgering and beating a dead horse into the ground. 

If his is intent was to commit fraud, badger away. 

I think the question has been answered and clarified many times over. The mods will do good in closing this thread since it's clear what is the right thing to do. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
13 hours ago, agboxco said:

i am a u.s. citizen and has filed and been approved for a fiance visa for my filipina fiance. my fiance has a illegitimate child with no father listed on the birth cert. i was willing to add my name to the childs birth cert as the father. on the i-129 i put the child down with her moms surname before we got the new birth cert with my name on it. what i was wondering is how to file for the child - under crba or k-2? which is easier and faster to do? which is less hassle? anybody out there can give me and answer or suggestion would be of great help.

Simple possession of that falsified birh certificate is 5 years and a fine on you, the USC.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1028

Did you know that?   Use it to “defraud the United States” and the stakes go up.  10 years.

This thread needs to be taken down and this action needs to be undone.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, databit said:

It will only be a few more years until DNA will link most relatives around the world. Some day the kid's dad may come calling.

Non issue for Philippines 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

The problem is, even if it was not intentional, it could still lead to misrepresentation. We are trying to make him understand the gravity of the actions whether they were innocent or not. Immigration laws are pretty unforgiving. That is why I mentioned earlier that some countries have these practices (falsifying documents) that are acceptable but it cause a huge problem with US government. Even if he is 100% unaware that the false BC is a problem, the CO will not give them a pass.

I completely understand what you are saying. My point is, if you go back to the original question, it has been answered many times. Don't do it, it's fraud if you continue this path, K2 is the way to go, etc. 

I think he understands now and has the answers he needs to make his decision.

I just don't see the point belaboring the issue with the same repetitive answers. I've seen many posts closed once the question has been answered when the thread continued down the same path.

Anyway, I don't have any skin in the game, I just thought giving the OP a little slack would be the right thing to do.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ch3john said:

I think he understands now and has the answers he needs to make his decision.

Only true if the OP decides to come back and read

YMMV

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I dont think there is any reason to be rude with the Dude! He is a newbie we all know how stressful this immigration seems to be. He put out the storyline and asked a question. Its easier to give him a response and let it go.

@agboxco THE CRBA IS NOT A ROUTE FOR YOU TO TAKE GIVING THE FACT YOU ARE NOT THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER TO HER CHILD.The embassy always ask for DNA to prove you are actually the Father.

Secondly for the K2 visa if you didnt mention the child in the I129F form there is no remedie at this moment.Since she already got her visa.If you did mention her child in the I129F you should have applied for the K2 when you was filling the form for the visa and paying a separate fee for the k2 visa. At the Moment she might have to leave her child behind and later on file for him once she gets her GC. 

Best of Luck

Stay Blessed

Peace✌️

Timeline
38 minutes ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

Secondly for the K2 visa if you didnt mention the child in the I129F form there is no remedie at this moment.Since she already got her visa.

Mot necessarily true.  K2s have been successfully added after petition approval 

YMMV

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, agboxco said:

i am a u.s. citizen and has filed and been approved for a fiance visa for my filipina fiance. my fiance has a illegitimate child with no father listed on the birth cert. i was willing to add my name to the childs birth cert as the father. on the i-129 i put the child down with her moms surname before we got the new birth cert with my name on it. what i was wondering is how to file for the child - under crba or k-2? which is easier and faster to do? which is less hassle? anybody out there can give me and answer or suggestion would be of great help.

Are you the biological father? Answer this please coz if not you just commited a serious offense of claiming a child and passing him/her as your own. Worst you will be charged with child trafficking.

There's is no issue if the child is illegitimate with no father on the BC. That's fine. The child will be a K2. Why did you have to change it? 😖

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.