15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, all:

my credit card was charged for the $1200+ fee on July 19th.  Should we have received an email verification of receipt?  I’ve noticed that NOA1 hard copy can vary in length of waiting time.

Thank you for any experienced thoughts on this

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ah, thanks.  I guess if they took our money, then they must have received it 🤷🏻‍♂️ UPS tracking screwed up and it was “out for delivery” for 3 days and still doesn’t show as delivered.

When editing the timeline, does one use the credit card transaction date as “received”?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When the charge showed pending on my credit card I got a text message the next day with all the case numbers for all the forms. AOS, EAD,and AP. Did you sign up for electronic notification?

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

When the charge showed pending on my credit card I got a text message the next day with all the case numbers for all the forms. AOS, EAD,and AP. Did you sign up for electronic notification?

No, I didn’t get a text and we did sign up for electronic notification.  Now, I 😧 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

No, I didn’t get a text and we did sign up for electronic notification.  Now, I 😧 

That's weird. The received date we got on the paper NOA 1 was when they actually received it. Exact dates are on my timeline. But it took them like 20 days to run my card after it showed delivery by USPS, that was a long 20 days, I thought for sure something was wrong with the package.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

27 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

Ah, thanks.  I guess if they took our money, then they must have received it 🤷🏻‍♂️ UPS tracking screwed up and it was “out for delivery” for 3 days and still doesn’t show as delivered.

When editing the timeline, does one use the credit card transaction date as “received”?

No you wait to edit your timeline until you gave your Noa1 hard copy and read the received date.

Your impatience is really showing, lol.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No you wait to edit your timeline until you gave your Noa1 hard copy and read the received date.

Your impatience is really showing, lol.

I know 😬. It just makes me uncomfortable that UPS “lost” the paperwork, then we get charged but do not receive an electronic verification...  is the case # the same as our WAC #?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

That's weird. The received date we got on the paper NOA 1 was when they actually received it. Exact dates are on my timeline. But it took them like 20 days to run my card after it showed delivery by USPS, that was a long 20 days, I thought for sure something was wrong with the package.

As usual... there’s nothing “usual”

2 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

I know 😬. It just makes me uncomfortable that UPS “lost” the paperwork, then we get charged but do not receive an electronic verification...  is the case # the same as our WAC #?

How could you have gotten charged if they did not receive it?🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂.

It can take 30 days even if your payment is cashed. 

You will receive a new RECEIPT number for every separate application you file.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I get you.  I know I’m being paranoid. It would have been comforting to have received the text message acknowledging the receipt (as I sent the appropriate form asking them to do that).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mekulisch said:

I signed up for electronic notifications when I did my AOS in 2015 and again last year for ROC. I never received a single text or email from them. Ever. 

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I get you.  I know I’m being paranoid. It would have been comforting to have received the text message acknowledging the receipt (as I sent the appropriate form asking them to do that).

2 hours ago, Mekulisch said:

Hi, all:

my credit card was charged for the $1200+ fee on July 19th.  Should we have received an email verification of receipt?  I’ve noticed that NOA1 hard copy can vary in length of waiting time.

Thank you for any experienced thoughts on this

Hello, fellow Russian (or his/her US spouse) :)

I had the same issue, probably the following topic will be helpful for you:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/713009-i485-no-noa1-receivedno-case-number-almost-30-dayspossible-refiling/#comments

In my personal experience, I got NOA receipt numbers three days after USCIS charged my husband’s credit card. No email ever arrived. It took about 4 days to receive hard copies of NOA by mail after those texts. Overall the whole process of filing took about a month for me, so just give it some more time. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nadya said:

Hello, fellow Russian (or his/her US spouse) :)

I had the same issue, probably the following topic will be helpful for you:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/713009-i485-no-noa1-receivedno-case-number-almost-30-dayspossible-refiling/#comments

In my personal experience, I got NOA receipt numbers three days after USCIS charged my husband’s credit card. No email ever arrived. It took about 4 days to receive hard copies of NOA by mail after those texts. Overall the whole process of filing took about a month for me, so just give it some more time. 

Thank you, Nadia.  My wife, Vika, is Russian 😊.  I appreciate your kind reply and the previous post was helpful.  Things never go easily or according to plan in this process, so I should just chill for a while.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.