Zoeeeeeee

Be aware if you’re taking the train to your medical or visa interview tomorrow

11 posts in this topic

Just seen on the news that the trains have been massively affected by the heat today (overhead cables caught fire) and delays are likely to continue tomorrow morning 😫.

I was due to get to St Pancras at 2:30pm and my medical is at 3:30pm (takes 30 mins to get to the medical from St Pancras) - have just rebooked my train so I get there at 12:30 instead, as figure a 30 minute buffer just isn’t enough.

If you’re travelling by train tomorrow, worth bearing in mind 😬.

5 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Make sure you have lots of water to drink too. Are you going on the underground? It'll be hotter than hades down there. 

Not if I can possibly avoid it! If I arrive with an hour or more to spare, I’ll walk (it’s only 2 miles away from St Pancras apparently) -    if I’m more limited for time, I’ll get the bus 🙃.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We travelled from St Pancras. It's not too far and there's a shady square nearby where you can sit under a tree if you get there too early. Good luck and stay cool!

All trains from my station have been cancelled 😫.

Drove to nearest city and am getting train from there, which is delayed - but so far, whilst many before and after have been cancelled, looks like this one is running (have to make some weird changes though). 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Drove to nearest city and am getting train from there, which is delayed - but so far, whilst many before and after have been cancelled, looks like this one is running (have to make some weird changes though). 

Ohh no, that is rough Zoe and won't be helping your stress levels what so ever.  Hope the train runs and isn't too badly delayed, good luck lass

Edited by ConnorS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I saw the travel chaos on BBC iPlayer. What bad luck. Hope you're ok. 

1 hour ago, ConnorS said:

Ohh no, that is rough Zoe and won't be helping your stress levels what so ever.  Hope the train runs and isn't too badly delayed, good luck lass

32 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

I saw the travel chaos on BBC iPlayer. What bad luck. Hope you're ok. 

The train was delayed by about 20 minutes and then stopped for 30 minutes at Derby, awaiting a driver, but we’ve been running ever since (I decided to skip the train with all the changes, as whilst this one left later, thought not having to change would probably help recoup time)...just made an announcement that we should arrive in London at around 1pm, so will have time to get food from somewhere (once I found out about the suspended service at my local station, I scarpered out the house without breakfast 😫) and make my way up there (and hopefully find a bookshop on the way, as I totally forgot to bring one 😫).

So glad I changed my ticket to an earlier one - I would’ve been screwed if I’d had these delays on my original train!

19 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Definitely eat something soon or you may get faint when they take your blood. You'll be fine if the train gets there at 1. 🤞🏻

Yes good idea! My dad and I went to Wahaca for a quick lunch, or there are lots of little cafes nearby where you can grab a sandwich or rice bowl.

I get faint after needles so made sure to eat plenty before the medical - the x-ray tech said my stomach looked "very full of air" - I replied, "thanks, I just ate a bunch of tacos so I don't pass out" 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.