Jump to content
kasper-k

I751 pending for more than 2 years, N400 interview scheduled and passed 

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi lovely people, I want to share a summary of my story with USCIS with you. I know some of you don't like to read a long text but I tried to make it as short as possible. 

 

I have submitted form I751 back in 2017, when I became eligible for N400 I applied immediately because I heard people saying it might expedite the process time of the I751, it was fast and they called me for an interview after 6 months, when I went the officer was kind of mad because I applied for the N400 while I751 is pending, she looked at my file and wasn't very satisfied about the proofs ( according to her) my wife was with me so she interviewed us for 2 hours ( very rough 2 hours ) I understand that these officers are supposed to be tough but this one was really an ### ( sorry ), anyway after we finished she canceled my N400 interview and asked us to wait for a letter. That was back in 11/01/2018

 

WE NEVER RECEIVED ANY LETTER, so I did the following:

 

I made at least 3 inforpass appointments and asked about the status of my application( I also took more marriage proofs with me to be added to my file ) , it was all the same answer, we are waiting for the background check... even though I told them how comes the background check of the N400 was smooth even though it should be more severe and should take more time! 

 

I called my US representative which they contact the USCIS and from their emails they stated that the officer is reviewing my case and I should hear back from them soon ( it been almost a year )

The last info pass appointment I took was 5 months ago where, I was a bit pushy to know the status of my application so they called the same officer who interviewed me, she came from her office and she was really mad, she told me why I keep asking about my case, (she never mentioned anything about the background check) she said she didn't have time to review my case and she will review it when she have time, and she doesn't know when. at that point I knew that I'm going to have a rough time with her. 

 

I called a lawyer who charges $250 per 40MIN over the phone! the lawyer said that I shouldn't keep pushing them to make a decisions and the best option for me it to wait, so I waited!  until last month where they sent me another interview for the N400, I was really surprised and I really thought that this will be the end for my misery, anyway I went to the appointment I took more marriage proofs in case if they ask me about it, I passed all testes and questions, everything went smooth but at the end the officer told me that I have to wait for the other officer to make a decision about my I751, it's been a month now and I don't know what to do next, should I keep pushing or just wait.... now you can't even make an info pass appointment online and you need to call them, and only if you have a good reason, unfortunately check the status of your application is not one of the reason. 

 

I wanted to share with you my story maybe someone else have similar situation, thank you for your time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, kasper-k said:

Hi lovely people, I want to share a summary of my story with USCIS with you. I know some of you don't like to read a long text but I tried to make it as short as possible. 

 

I have submitted form I751 back in 2017, when I became eligible for N400 I applied immediately because I heard people saying it might expedite the process time of the I751, it was fast and they called me for an interview after 6 months, when I went the officer was kind of mad because I applied for the N400 while I751 is pending, she looked at my file and wasn't very satisfied about the proofs ( according to her) my wife was with me so she interviewed us for 2 hours ( very rough 2 hours ) I understand that these officers are supposed to be tough but this one was really an ### ( sorry ), anyway after we finished she canceled my N400 interview and asked us to wait for a letter. That was back in 11/01/2018

 

WE NEVER RECEIVED ANY LETTER, so I did the following:

 

I made at least 3 inforpass appointments and asked about the status of my application( I also took more marriage proofs with me to be added to my file ) , it was all the same answer, we are waiting for the background check... even though I told them how comes the background check of the N400 was smooth even though it should be more severe and should take more time! 

 

I called my US representative which they contact the USCIS and from their emails they stated that the officer is reviewing my case and I should hear back from them soon ( it been almost a year )

The last info pass appointment I took was 5 months ago where, I was a bit pushy to know the status of my application so they called the same officer who interviewed me, she came from her office and she was really mad, she told me why I keep asking about my case, (she never mentioned anything about the background check) she said she didn't have time to review my case and she will review it when she have time, and she doesn't know when. at that point I knew that I'm going to have a rough time with her. 

 

I called a lawyer who charges $250 per 40MIN over the phone! the lawyer said that I shouldn't keep pushing them to make a decisions and the best option for me it to wait, so I waited!  until last month where they sent me another interview for the N400, I was really surprised and I really thought that this will be the end for my misery, anyway I went to the appointment I took more marriage proofs in case if they ask me about it, I passed all testes and questions, everything went smooth but at the end the officer told me that I have to wait for the other officer to make a decision about my I751, it's been a month now and I don't know what to do next, should I keep pushing or just wait.... now you can't even make an info pass appointment online and you need to call them, and only if you have a good reason, unfortunately check the status of your application is not one of the reason. 

 

I wanted to share with you my story maybe someone else have similar situation, thank you for your time. 

I believe you need to be patient like everyone else, I don't agree with joint filing I-751 & N-400, for some people it works and others it turns into a nightmare like yours. Every time you intercept the waiting process in search of answers from them your just making it worse by taking up their time. You probably get put back to the bottom of the work load pile each time. It also causes delays in other case files when having to hunt down information about your I-751 status. I would just be patient and more concerned with getting your I-751 approved first. Then you have 10 years locked in while waiting on N-400. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, Am & Ra said:

I believe you need to be patient like everyone else, I don't agree with joint filing I-751 & N-400, for some people it works and others it turns into a nightmare like yours. Every time you intercept the waiting process in search of answers from them your just making it worse by taking up their time. You probably get put back to the bottom of the work load pile each time. It also causes delays in other case files when having to hunt down information about your I-751 status. I would just be patient and more concerned with getting your I-751 approved first. Then you have 10 years locked in while waiting on N-400. 

I thought when they called me for the second N400 interview their intention to approve both cases, because why would they call me for another citizenship interview while the I751 still pending, don't you think waiting for more than 2 years is patient enough ? I feel like someone has to do something about that, I wish I have the power to do anything against this abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, kasper-k said:

I thought when they called me for the second N400 interview their intention to approve both cases, because why would they call me for another citizenship interview while the I751 still pending, don't you think waiting for more than 2 years is patient enough ? I feel like someone has to do something about that, I wish I have the power to do anything against this abuse. 

My N400 was approved after waiting for 7 months. Interview in November 2018, approved in June 2019. I have my Naturalization Certificate now and my US passport. I did not do any inquiry or info pass appt, or contacted a senator. My I 751 is still open. Hope this helps.


NVC Process wiki - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

 

AOS Journey:

3/10/2017: Filed I751 at California Service Center

3/2/2018: Filed N400 - San Antonio TX

3/14/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

9/25/2018: Interview scheduled for N400, November 13th

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, kasper-k said:

Algeria 

Have you ever been contacted by the FBI or other federal agency (other than USCIS)? My worry here is you may have been CARRPed. If this is the case you may have to file suit against USCIS to get them to decision your case. I say "may have to", because there is always some outside possibility that they're sitting on your case for some other reason, but if I were you I'd talk to a lawyer at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fascinating123 said:

Have you ever been contacted by the FBI or other federal agency (other than USCIS)? My worry here is you may have been CARRPed. If this is the case you may have to file suit against USCIS to get them to decision your case. I say "may have to", because there is always some outside possibility that they're sitting on your case for some other reason, but if I were you I'd talk to a lawyer at this point.

no I haven't been contacted by any agency, when I filed the N400 I got the interview schedule in about 5-6 months, if there was any issue with my file I don't think they will process it that fast, don't you think ?  now I'm stuck with the I751, I'm afraid if I file a law suit it will be even worst, some people have suggested to wait and be patient, some suggested to contact my US representative again, but I'm honestly feel lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 12:33 PM, MaLo said:

My N400 was approved after waiting for 7 months. Interview in November 2018, approved in June 2019. I have my Naturalization Certificate now and my US passport. I did not do any inquiry or info pass appt, or contacted a senator. My I 751 is still open. Hope this helps.

They approved your N400 and you become a citizen and I751 still pending ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kasper-k said:

no I haven't been contacted by any agency, when I filed the N400 I got the interview schedule in about 5-6 months, if there was any issue with my file I don't think they will process it that fast, don't you think ?  now I'm stuck with the I751, I'm afraid if I file a law suit it will be even worst, some people have suggested to wait and be patient, some suggested to contact my US representative again, but I'm honestly feel lost. 

Well, I have heard of people from the Middle East and North Africa (in your case, Algiers) being caught up in the federal government's CARRP program. It was a program enacted post-9/11 to combat terrorism or national security threats. However, some people have found themselves caught up in it because of erroneous information on file for them or because they share a name or similar information with someone who is on some national security list somewhere. Lawyers I have spoken with have stated that if you have a case far enough outside of normal processing times and are from a MENA country there is a likelihood that your case is caught up in CARRP. I suggest strongly that you speak with a lawyer (there are some who will do a free consultation, but it honestly would be worth it to pay if necessary).

 

My wife is from a MENA country, so we were prepared for her case to take longer and the possibility that we might need legal representation. Thankfully it has at least so far (we're waiting on the Oath Ceremony for her citizenship) not been the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fascinating123 said:

Well, I have heard of people from the Middle East and North Africa (in your case, Algiers) being caught up in the federal government's CARRP program. It was a program enacted post-9/11 to combat terrorism or national security threats. However, some people have found themselves caught up in it because of erroneous information on file for them or because they share a name or similar information with someone who is on some national security list somewhere. Lawyers I have spoken with have stated that if you have a case far enough outside of normal processing times and are from a MENA country there is a likelihood that your case is caught up in CARRP. I suggest strongly that you speak with a lawyer (there are some who will do a free consultation, but it honestly would be worth it to pay if necessary).

 

My wife is from a MENA country, so we were prepared for her case to take longer and the possibility that we might need legal representation. Thankfully it has at least so far (we're waiting on the Oath Ceremony for her citizenship) not been the case.

Thank you for sharing this information, I will try to find a lawyer, last time I spoke to someone, they charged $250 for a 40min phone consultation :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, kasper-k said:

They approved your N400 and you become a citizen and I751 still pending ? 

Yes, per USCIS case status website. I still need to call and confirm I 751 is open or closed. Someone here suggested that is should be closed, but not updated on the website. 


NVC Process wiki - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

 

AOS Journey:

3/10/2017: Filed I751 at California Service Center

3/2/2018: Filed N400 - San Antonio TX

3/14/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

9/25/2018: Interview scheduled for N400, November 13th

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...