Nadya

I485 No NOA1 Received/No case number almost 30 days/possible refiling

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NinaLu said:

Я разместил немного раньше, мы получили наш текст с нашим номером дела вчера. Но не волнуйтесь. Вы можете получить ответ на этой неделе. Если вы ничего не услышите к пятнице, я бы предложил позвонить им, чтобы узнать, знают ли они что-нибудь и подождать еще. Как кто-то указал, кажется, что они иногда опаздывают, когда дело доходит до отправки AOS NOA , что занимает от 1 до 2 месяцев. 

Thank you very much for answering.  I also received my case number yesterday.  I wanted to write about it today, but you beat me😁.  now there is a paper letter waiting

1 hour ago, NinaLu said:

I posted a bit earlier, we got our text with our case number yesterday. But do not freak out. You might get an answer this week. If you do not hear anything by Friday, I'd suggest calling them to inquire if they know anything and wait some more. As someone has pointed out, it seems that they are sometimes late when it comes to sending the AOS NOA, taking 1 to 2 months. 

Glad to hear you got NOAs! We received our paper ones yesterday, it took about 4-5 days after texts. 

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mdot said:

Still waiting for mine... I'm wondering if the July filers have had a shorter waiting time period of their apps to get processed.

Still waiting for ours.  Filed in mid- June.  Still no NOA1

Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, NinaLu said:

We sent ours with USPS. Rather than the sender, I start to believe it is something about using credit card since absolutely all the slow NOAs I seem to hear about are all credit card. 

We sent money order.  Over 30 days, still no NOA1

Edited by EllisAndRenz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

We sent money order.  Over 30 days, still no NOA1

My initial thought of it being credit card related seems to be wrong. I would check if the money order was used- on my paper NOA which I have received yesterday, the date they consider as my receipt date is the 19th, a full week before I received it. The text from them also came July 22nd instead of the 19th when they allegedly processed it so I would not rely on it. 

If the money does not seem to have been processed, I think you should poke them and give them some calls to see what they suggest. But another poster here said it is not unusual for the AOS NOA to be delayed and even take 2 months at a time... It's stressful but out of our control... 

I hope you hear something very soon...

Edited by NinaLu

Timeline
2 hours ago, NinaLu said:

My initial thought of it being credit card related seems to be wrong. I would check if the money order was used- on my paper NOA which I have received yesterday, the date they consider as my receipt date is the 19th, a full week before I received it. The text from them also came July 22nd instead of the 19th when they allegedly processed it so I would not rely on it. 

If the money does not seem to have been processed, I think you should poke them and give them some calls to see what they suggest. But another poster here said it is not unusual for the AOS NOA to be delayed and even take 2 months at a time... It's stressful but out of our control... 

I hope you hear something very soon...

Thank you.

Yes, my next thing is to go to the bank and try to figure out how to trace their money order.

She was hoping to go home and visit her family in December.  She's very stressed about it.  Do you think this is even a possibility at this point?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One possible factor contributing to NOA1 delays is if the AOS package was filed, according to instructions, unbound and papers-only, or using some other method that was contrary to the instructions.

The mail processors likely get tired of unstapling, unbindering and otherwise disassembling the AOS packages for scanning. Not to mention it probably takes 10x as long to process vs simply dropping a file into a document hopper.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 7/27/2019 at 8:44 AM, EllisAndRenz said:

Thank you.

Yes, my next thing is to go to the bank and try to figure out how to trace their money order.

She was hoping to go home and visit her family in December.  She's very stressed about it.  Do you think this is even a possibility at this point?

Honestly, I would not get my hopes up that the AP will be issued in time. You'd have to be incredibly lucky for that to happen. But again, luck is not unheard of either so I cannot really tell you for sure. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, NinaLu said:

Honestly, I would not get my hopes up that the AP will be issued in time. You'd have to be incredibly lucky for that to happen. But again, luck is not unheard of either so I cannot really tell you for sure. 

At this point I'd be happy just to get an NOA1.  (We are 5 weeks since mailing)

I'm stressing.  Major stressing.

Timeline
On 7/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, EllisAndRenz said:

At this point I'd be happy just to get an NOA1.  (We are 5 weeks since mailing)

I'm stressing.  Major stressing.

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm in the same situation. I'm approaching 4 weeks with no word. I sent to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex. I'm AOS for K1 Visa

Timeline
11 hours ago, D Dub718 said:

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm in the same situation. I'm approaching 4 weeks with no word. I sent to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex. I'm AOS for K1 Visa

So here is the thing:  Wife received text messages indicating receipts for:

• EAD application
  • AP application
  • Biometric fee

But no receipt at all for the AOS (Green card?). 

Is this normal?  

It took nearly 6 weeks to get the text.  (For anyone else out there)

Related question:  When will I receive a document that I can use to renew her state ID card?  (The state initially only issued the card for the length of the Visa - 90 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

So here is the thing:  Wife received text messages indicating receipts for:

• EAD application
  • AP application
  • Biometric fee

But no receipt at all for the AOS (Green card?). 

Is this normal?  

It took nearly 6 weeks to get the text.  (For anyone else out there)

Related question:  When will I receive a document that I can use to renew her state ID card?  (The state initially only issued the card for the length of the Visa - 90 days)

You don't get a text for biometrics.   Did the third text include a case number?

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.