Jump to content
Nadya

I485 No NOA1 Received/No case number almost 30 days/possible refiling

61 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Decided to open a new topic because seems like the majority of other June 2019 filers were lucky to have their biometrics already. Me, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. 

 

Some info first:

Package (GC/EAD/AP concurrently filed) sent to Chicago lockbox by USPS priority mail on June 20

Received by USCIS on June 22 (According to the tracking number). 

No NOA, No texts, no money cashed from my husband’s credit card. 

 

What I’ve done by now:

1) Called USCIS Contact Center three times, no info about the case. Tier 1 operator created a service request a week ago, but nothing since then. 

2) Sent a letter to Lockbox support more than a week ago, no response yet. 

3) No Infopass appointments are allowed in my local office, so I am not sure how to get there and if such an appointment would even help. 

 

Do not know what else I could possibly do to track down my case. 

My i94 is going to expire soon and looks like I’m running out of options. Did anyone have such an experience before? 

 

Does this situation mean that I have to refile the application if they don’t reply till 30 days since June 22 are over? How high is the risk to get charged with the filing fee twice? How to avoid this if I have to refile the application?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nadya said:

Decided to open a new topic because seems like the majority of other June 2019 filers were lucky to have their biometrics already. Me, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. 

 

Some info first:

Package (GC/EAD/AP concurrently filed) sent to Chicago lockbox by USPS priority mail on June 20

Received by USCIS on June 22 (According to the tracking number). 

No NOA, No texts, no money cashed from my husband’s credit card. 

 

What I’ve done by now:

1) Called USCIS Contact Center three times, no info about the case. Tier 1 operator created a service request a week ago, but nothing since then. 

2) Sent a letter to Lockbox support more than a week ago, no response yet. 

3) No Infopass appointments are allowed in my local office, so I am not sure how to get there and if such an appointment would even help. 

 

Do not know what else I could possibly do to track down my case. 

My i94 is going to expire soon and looks like I’m running out of options. Did anyone have such an experience before? 

 

Does this situation mean that I have to refile the application if they don’t reply till 30 days since June 22 are over? How high is the risk to get charged with the filing fee twice? How to avoid this if I have to refile the application?

 

Unfortunately,  If you don't have a case number they cannot possibly track it down.   Your service request will go unanswered 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately,  If you don't have a case number they cannot possibly track it down.   Your service request will go unanswered 

Does it mean that there is nothing I can do because they lost my application? :( Do I have to refile now? And if so how to avoid double fee charging?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nadya said:

Does it mean that there is nothing I can do because they lost my application? :( Do I have to refile now? And if so how to avoid double fee charging?

 

You have not been charged anything yet.  


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

You have not been charged anything yet.  

I just read other experiences from people and also heard from an attorney that there’s a risk of double charging because they could possibly find that first case. So my question is rather is there any way to cancel the previous authorization form to use my husband’s credit card with a new application so they would consider only a new authorization form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nadya said:

I just read other experiences from people and also heard from an attorney that there’s a risk of double charging because they could possibly find that first case. So my question is rather is there any way to cancel the previous authorization form to use my husband’s credit card with a new application so they would consider only a new authorization form?

Yes, there's always that risk.  How do you cancel a lost document.   On the off chance it happens, You could always dispute the duplicate charge through the credit card company 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have any sort of advice, just wanted to say my husband and I are in a pretty similar situation but not yet at the 30 day mark. USCIS got our package delivered on the 27th of June according to USPS and since then it has been radio silence. No credit card charge, no text, no NOA... We plan to wait until the 30 day mark and hope for the best....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NinaLu said:

I do not have any sort of advice, just wanted to say my husband and I are in a pretty similar situation but not yet at the 30 day mark. USCIS got our package delivered on the 27th of June according to USPS and since then it has been radio silence. No credit card charge, no text, no NOA... We plan to wait until the 30 day mark and hope for the best....

Thanks for your support, it makes me feel a bit better that I’m not alone. 

My case is not exactly 30 days yet, so I am waiting, but getting really frustrated. Just wanted to make sure I have no other options but wait or refile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nadya said:

Thanks for your support, it makes me feel a bit better that I’m not alone. 

My case is not exactly 30 days yet, so I am waiting, but getting really frustrated. Just wanted to make sure I have no other options but wait or refile. 

The fact that there are two filings that have gotten no response(yours and mine), both sent around the same time too, honestly gives me a little bit of hope. The chances of them losing two packages in a short amount of time (but not the same day) seems a little bit low, at least in my opinion. But sadly there is no way to tell for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could ask for a Tier 2 on the phone and give them your name and alien number -you were assigned one when going through the K1 process-.

Tier 2 are immigration officers and have access to your file at the USCIS. They will be able to tell you with more certainty, what is going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NinaLu said:

The fact that there are two filings that have gotten no response(yours and mine), both sent around the same time too, honestly gives me a little bit of hope. The chances of them losing two packages in a short amount of time (but not the same day) seems a little bit low, at least in my opinion. But sadly there is no way to tell for sure.

Just an update. Looks like they cashed our money, but no NOAs yet. I’ll keep you posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nadya said:

Just an update. Looks like they cashed our money, but no NOAs yet. I’ll keep you posted

Those are amazing news, surely the NOA will come in a couple days. Seeing as they received our packages only a couple days apart, I am no longer worried. As long as they have not lost it, I am all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nadya said:

Just an update. Looks like they cashed our money, but no NOAs yet. I’ll keep you posted

There are stories about 1-2 months delays for some people on USCIS cashing their checks and sending NOA1. While I almost never seen then for 129F, for I-485 it seems fairly common (but not universal) I was not able to identify what the pattern is, some say it is more likely to happen when people use FedEx or UPS address vs PO box for USPS. Or it might be something else.

 

Good news, if they took your money you should get NOA1 soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took them 21-22 days to process my AOS when I sent it in with credit card. Day after charge on my credit card showed up I got text messages with all the case numbers. Week later actual NOAs showed up, and they were dated the day they received the package, so you shouldn't lose any days. I was worried about that because I sent it only 10 days before I94 expired, but no overstay because NOA was dated only 2 days after I mailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Shiran said:

There are stories about 1-2 months delays for some people on USCIS cashing their checks and sending NOA1. While I almost never seen then for 129F, for I-485 it seems fairly common (but not universal) I was not able to identify what the pattern is, some say it is more likely to happen when people use FedEx or UPS address vs PO box for USPS. Or it might be something else.

 

Good news, if they took your money you should get NOA1 soon. 

We sent ours with USPS. Rather than the sender, I start to believe it is something about using credit card since absolutely all the slow NOAs I seem to hear about are all credit card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...