ShinyDaisy

Income Changes - Potential Issue with AOS?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello,

I am the US citizen. My husband (who came on a K-1) is currently adjusting status. I currently make about $43k/yr but am about 6 weeks away from giving birth. My husband has a job offer and will start once his EAD arrives, which should be within a week. I will be transitioning to a stay-at-home mom, and I'm wondering if this will affect the process going forward at all. If my husband is making enough to support us, will this be alright? Will there be any issue with me no longer making the money to be a sponsor?

I'd update your I864 with him acting as a co-sponsor for his own Affidavit in Questions 8-10 and provide his supporting financial documents in preparation for your GC interview.

It will be up to your IO however meeting the financial poverty guidelines as a household and combining income is not a crime even if the intending immigrant is contributing income to meet them and is thoroughly explained in the instructions. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Our household will not fall below the poverty line. There's no concern there.

But we will need to update the affidavit of support to his income? An immigrant can provide the income for his own support affidavit?

Edited by ShinyDaisy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.