God’s Grace27

Received a mail from the Us consulate Lagos Nigeria Embassy

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After my interview here in Lagos Nigeria on the 24/05/2019, My passport was returned and I was given a 221g white slip indicating that I need a joint sponsor. I wrote a mail to the us consulate Lagos embassy regarding the time frame for the submission of my additional documents. Didn’t get a reply until I submitted the additional documents on the 17/06/2019 and then I received the mail below from the us consulate on the 22/06/2019. 

I was able to drop off the complete document asked on the  25/06/2019. And my case was thus last updated on the 26/07/2019 but still under non immigrant and on administrative processing. Would like to know by the process of my case if I stand a chance of getting a visa soon. 

Thanks 

Thank you for your inquiry.

The U.S. Consulate has received a I-134 form, proof of petitioner's citizenship, W2 and an incomplete 2018 1040. Visa issuance is pending receipt of either a complete 2018 1040 or 2018 IRS tax transcript. Note that K1 Visa petitions arrive at post with only a four month validity; if you are unable to provide the required documentation in the shortest possible time, the validity of the petition may not be extended by the interviewing officer.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (TOO)

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, NB West said:

After my interview here in Lagos Nigeria on the 24/05/2019, My passport was returned and I was given a 221g white slip indicating that I need a joint sponsor. I wrote a mail to the us consulate Lagos embassy regarding the time frame for the submission of my additional documents. Didn’t get a reply until I submitted the additional documents on the 17/06/2019 and then I received the mail below from the us consulate on the 22/06/2019. 

I was able to drop off the complete document asked on the  25/06/2019. And my case was thus last updated on the 26/07/2019 but still under non immigrant and on administrative processing. Would like to know by the process of my case if I stand a chance of getting a visa soon. 

Thanks 

The U.S. Consulate has received a I-134 form, proof of petitioner's citizenship, W2 and an incomplete 2018 1040. Visa issuance is pending receipt of either a complete 2018 1040 or 2018 IRS tax transcript. Note that K1 Visa petitions arrive at post with only a four month validity; if you are unable to provide the required documentation in the shortest possible time, the validity of the petition may not be extended by the interviewing officer.

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Did you send in the complete 1040 for 2018 or the complete irs tax transcript for 2018? If you did not send that then you run a chance of being denied a visa or better still your petitition will expire and they have bluntly told you that it "may" not be extended by the CO, I suggest you check all what you submitted and make sure they are complete.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You only stand a chance to receive the visa if you provide the requested documents,  otherwise your chances are nil

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Did you send in the complete 1040 for 2018 or the complete irs tax transcript for 2018? If you did not send that then you run a chance of being denied a visa or better still your petitition will expire and they have bluntly told you that it "may" not be extended by the CO, I suggest you check all what you submitted and make sure they are complete.

If you read through my message carefully you’d see where I stated that I did submitted the complete document as told and my case was updated the next day I drop of the complete document. 

Thanks

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You only stand a chance to receive the visa if you provide the requested documents,  otherwise your chances are nil

If you read through my message carefully you’d see where I stated that I did submitted the complete document as told and my case was updated the next day I drop of the complete document. 

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NB West said:

Thanks

I did read carefully (more carefully than you wrote, btw) as your post indicates update on 26/07/2019 which is two weeks into the future 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I did read carefully (more carefully than you wrote, btw) as your post indicates update on 26/07/2019 which is two weeks into the future 

Oh my bad it’s supposed to be 26/6/2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No one can tell you how long it will take for AP (administrative processing).  Sometimes it's days, other times weeks or months. Some have reported being in AP for years.  Based on your info., and if the documents you submitted recently were complete and acceptable, they should make a decision in a few weeks but it's impossible to know for sure.  All you can do is wait and hope for the best.  US consular immigration officials are getting more strict with income and sponsor issues in recent months, enforcing more aggressively the public charge inadmissability issue more often than in the past.  Good luck!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

No one can tell you how long it will take for AP (administrative processing).  Sometimes it's days, other times weeks or months. Some have reported being in AP for years.  Based on your info., and if the documents you submitted recently were complete and acceptable, they should make a decision in a few weeks but it's impossible to know for sure.  All you can do is wait and hope for the best.  US consular immigration officials are getting more strict with income and sponsor issues in recent months, enforcing more aggressively the public charge inadmissability issue more often than in the past.  Good luck!

My joint sponsor makes above $50,000 annually and has 2 kids so if I’m correct I think it should be good enough. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate.

2 hours ago, NB West said:

My joint sponsor makes above $50,000 annually and has 2 kids so if I’m correct I think it should be good enough.

Possibly. It sounds fairly normal, but the CO makes a decision based upon the totality of the circumstances. For some, $50k/year with 2 kids is fine, and for others it's struggling to barely get by.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Timeline
16 hours ago, NB West said:

Thanks 

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Filed: Other Timeline
16 hours ago, NB West said:

Thanks 

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Baba go submit the tax paper that’s all they’re asking for 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Good day everyone, I sent a mail to the embassy about two days ago regarding the process of my visa and today 19/7/2019 I received a mail  from the embassy stating that I should submit my passport for visa processing but when I checked my case status online it’s on Immigrant Visa Application(Administrative Processing) 

I will like to know if the status will change over time and hopefully if it’s a good sign that I’ll be getting my visa soon.

Below is the mail I received earlier today.

Please drop off your International Passport at the GSS Document Collection Center located at the DHL Service Center at Plot 230, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos any day Monday through Friday for visa issuance. We have attached the drop off sheet. Once you submit your passport, it will be forwarded to U.S. Consulate office for visa processing.

Sincerely,

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

5 minutes ago, NB West said:

Good day everyone, I sent a mail to the embassy about two days ago regarding the process of my visa and today 19/7/2019 I received a mail  from the embassy stating that I should submit my passport for visa processing but when I checked my case status online it’s on Immigrant Visa Application(Administrative Processing) 

I will like to know if the status will change over time and hopefully if it’s a good sign that I’ll be getting my visa soon.....

No one can say with any certainty when your visa will be issued. Administrative processing is at its most frustrating when it goes on for several months. Typically this is caused by a consular post waiting for a response on some form of advisory opinion. Although, as was experienced in 2014 and 2015, processing delays may also result from system failures in the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) and more recently due to additional administrative hurdles such as the recent flurry of executive orders regarding visa issuance. We have seen some who have experienced very long delays sometimes beyond a year. But those are rare. I hate to sing the same tune but patience is what is needed.

Just about everyone gets this after their interview.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of these steps:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

No one can say with any certainty when your visa will be issued. Administrative processing is at its most frustrating when it goes on for several months. Typically this is caused by a consular post waiting for a response on some form of advisory opinion. Although, as was experienced in 2014 and 2015, processing delays may also result from system failures in the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) and more recently due to additional administrative hurdles such as the recent flurry of executive orders regarding visa issuance. We have seen some who have experienced very long delays sometimes beyond a year. But those are rare. I hate to sing the same tune but patience is what is needed.

Just about everyone gets this after their interview.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of these steps:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Thanks for the information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.