Jump to content

K1 Visa | Original Foreign Police Certificates Question

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I've scoured the forums and utilized the search function as much as I could, but I couldn't find an answer related to my situation. 


Quick Facts:

  • I'm a U.S. Citizen & Petitioner | Residing in Orlando, Florida
  • Fiance is Vietnamese & Beneficiary | Residing (near) Saigon (HCMC), Vietnam
  • She lived in the U.S. for about 5 years, went to University in Olrando, FL



I filed for an I-129F back in March 2019, recently (last week) received an update regarding my packet. It was approved and I just got my NOA2. Looking at the official Vietnam US-Embassy website and going down the list, we notice something called Original Foreign Police Certificates


Question: She has only ever stayed +6 months in the U.S. and Vietnam. No where else. Does she need to produce this document from America? And if so, how might she go about getting one? Or would I be the one who goes and requests the documents on her behalf? I'm very confused about this step. 


Thanks for any and all responses. If I wasn't clear about anything, please let me know. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal

Police certificate from US isn’t required.


2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US






2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...